The Student Room Group

Gone through clearing without telling firm uni!!

So I had an unconditional with Lincoln Uni, which I decided, after they changed the modules, that I no longer wanted. I went into school, looked at clearing, and managed to get an offer from Winchester Uni for a course that I much prefer.
When I got home, I declined my Lincoln offer on the UCAS website, and then firmed my Winchester offer at 3 pm.

However, I've just got an email from Lincoln Uni telling me what accommodation I've been allocated, sent only a few minutes ago...!

Have I done this wrong??? Was I supposed to tell Lincoln Uni over the phone that I no longer wanted the place before declining my offer on UCAS Track and firming my clearing offer for Winchester???

What do I even do in this position??? Please help, I'm panicking so much!
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Eagleshouse
So I had an unconditional with Lincoln Uni, which I decided, after they changed the modules, that I no longer wanted. I went into school, looked at clearing, and managed to get an offer from Winchester Uni for a course that I much prefer.
When I got home, I declined my Lincoln offer on the UCAS website, and then firmed my Winchester offer at 3 pm.

However, I've just got an email from Lincoln Uni telling me what accommodation I've been allocated, sent only a few minutes ago...!

Have I done this wrong??? Was I supposed to tell Lincoln Uni over the phone that I no longer wanted the place before declining my offer on UCAS Track and firming my clearing offer for Winchester???

What do I even do in this position??? Please help, I'm panicking so much!

Just give Lincoln a call in the morning (or this evening if they're still open), explain that you have declined your offer and don't need accommodation. These allocations are done in advance in bulk so it's likely they just didn't process your declined place in time.
Reply 2
Original post by Charlotte's Web
Just give Lincoln a call in the morning (or this evening if they're still open), explain that you have declined your offer and don't need accommodation. These allocations are done in advance in bulk so it's likely they just didn't process your declined place in time.

Ah okay, thank you! Would I ring through the clearing line or through a different line?
Original post by Eagleshouse
Ah okay, thank you! Would I ring through the clearing line or through a different line?

Either should be able to redirect you to the right people - it doesn't particularly matter.
Reply 4
Original post by Charlotte's Web
Either should be able to redirect you to the right people - it doesn't particularly matter.

Cool, thank you so much!!
Hi @Eagleshouse

I hope you have got this sorted.

If you need any help, let me know!

Luke

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending