The Student Room Group

Can I transfer to a different university after completing a foundation year at Essex?

So I didn't make the grade to get in to my uni of choice. However I did for Essex. It's engineering with foundation year. However, I heard that if you do well enough in the foundation year, you can transfer to other unis for the rest of your degree. Is this possible with Essex? Also how do I make the arrangements? Do I call up the unis in question?

Preferably would like to transfer to Nottingham or Harriot Watt.
Reply 1
Anyone?
Kind of the same situation - going to be doing a foundation year too. What do you think of Foundation year??
Yes u can, I did my foundation course elsewhere and got an offer from different unis. You should have good grades tho, for them to be convinced that you would perform well in your uni as well. Essex and Nottingham has a pretty huge gap in their rankings, so it could be quite tricky to get in even more. And Idk for sure, but the last time I checked Nottingham was closed for most of its courses, which means you better hurry if u wanna get in. To apply, simply call their hotlines or apply online. It's up to you. G'luck!
I feel like if the best you get is a foundation year at Essex, Nottingham is going to be a pretty large stretch
Original post by misandry77
Yes u can, I did my foundation course elsewhere and got an offer from different unis. You should have good grades tho, for them to be convinced that you would perform well in your uni as well. Essex and Nottingham has a pretty huge gap in their rankings, so it could be quite tricky to get in even more. And Idk for sure, but the last time I checked Nottingham was closed for most of its courses, which means you better hurry if u wanna get in. To apply, simply call their hotlines or apply online. It's up to you. G'luck!

How did the process work may I ask?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending