The Student Room Group

15 years old, looking to move to one of the nordic countries

Hi, i’m currently in year 11 and wanting to move to one of the nordic countries that are in the EU. Can anyone tell me what effect brexit could have on this e.g making it harder to gain residency
Thanks
Reply 1
Currently if you live in an EU country you can live in any other EU country (Norway is in the EEA, not the EU but this distinction doesn't matter here), but assuming no-deal Brexit this will not be the case for UK citizens and the same process would apply as if it were any other country in the world.
Reply 2
Original post by qwerty1234561
Hi, i’m currently in year 11 and wanting to move to one of the nordic countries that are in the EU. Can anyone tell me what effect brexit could have on this e.g making it harder to gain residency
Thanks

I have a French passport so this makes life easier if I want to move to a country in the EU (i am French but I’ve lived in the UK for 11 years). I’d recommend maybe applying for an Irish passport if you have any relatives/ancestors that were Irish so this option is still available to you in the case of a no deal brexit. If there is a no deal this will become far more complicated for you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending