The Student Room Group

Shall I go to this interview?

I've just had an interview for my dream job which will be working as a trainee dental nurse. Of course, working in Health is a high demand etc, I know that. I've had around 5-6 interviews over the last three months regarding the exact same job in different clinics.

The thing is is that, I've obviously just had this job interview offer and to the first person I tell about it which is my Mum, all I get is 'What's the point if you're going to get another no', 'you look tired out, 'your undereyes are horrendous' , 'your appereance is awful' , 'they won't hire you' - I got told all of that within a space of one minute.

It's so tough, I can't even explain. And now I just feel like saying no to the job interview. I don't know if my mum is just jealous or if the things that she said were true and now I don't even know what to do. I just feel like saying no and giving up on that job interview.
My mum is exactly the same with things like this. Don’t take it to heart. I say ignore the negativity and go for it. Like you said it’s your dream job. You don’t wanna give up on your dream over a few negative comments do you?
Original post by Harmony1
My mum is exactly the same with things like this. Don’t take it to heart. I say ignore the negativity and go for it. Like you said it’s your dream job. You don’t wanna give up on your dream over a few negative comments do you?

Everything's all just really difficult at the moment. And having gone through more than 5 interviews for the same job role and get a no from every single one of them, it's just so tough having the courage to go again after getting told negative stuff like that. I'm the person who takes stuff to heart because I've been pushed around by so many people in past relationships etc which makes me think that all of those comments are true and that there isn't a point?

She's right in one way though, my looks are awful, I'm not the most attractive person in the world and my undereyes are really awful and ugly. I just don't know if there's even a point to go for this now despite how much I really want it, it's my goal and I'd do anything for it.
Pick yourself up. There’s always little things you can do for things like appearance. A little bit of makeup can do wonders. I know what it’s like to be refused over and over again from jobs. I have been there and eventually I got an offer! Please don’t make this bring you down!
If at first you don’t succeed try again!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending