The Student Room Group

UCAS - Adding Music Qualifications

Are you meant to add any music qualifications onto UCAS? I got a pass in grades 2,3, and 4. However, I was never given my certificate for my grade 3 exam so should I mention that I did grade 3?
I put my grades 2-6 and music theory on my application last year and I think it’s worth doing, especially if you don’t have enough words to mention them in your personal statement. I was never asked to prove them so a lack of certificate shouldn’t really be a problem. How do you know you passed if you didn’t get a certificate?
Original post by goldilocks12
I put my grades 2-6 and music theory on my application last year and I think it’s worth doing, especially if you don’t have enough words to mention them in your personal statement. I was never asked to prove them so a lack of certificate shouldn’t really be a problem. How do you know you passed if you didn’t get a certificate?

I got the statement of results which has the break-down of marks on each section.
Does anyone know if you have to add each grade (so 2, 3, and 4) or just the highest achieved?
What should I do about the missing certificate? Should I put down I got grade 3 or not? Should I request to Trinity to get a replacement? £25 just seems a bit expensive for a certificate that probably won't ever be needed again.
It’s probably not worth spending the money on a replacement certificate if you’ll never need it again. You should add each individual grade separately. One of my certificates was lost in the post and my teacher got another for free because it wasn’t our fault but you might be too late to do that now :frown:
Original post by goldilocks12
It’s probably not worth spending the money on a replacement certificate if you’ll never need it again. You should add each individual grade separately. One of my certificates was lost in the post and my teacher got another for free because it wasn’t our fault but you might be too late to do that now :frown:

It's definitely too late now, it was a few years ago when I did it! Plus, if I can prove I did the grade 4 exam, I am also clearly at the standard of grade 3, even if I don't have the certificate.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending