The Student Room Group

Do you share your phone password with your spouse?

:smile:
Reply 1
no
no because I don't have a spouse lol
Reply 3
Original post by gjd800
no

If they ever asked you would you?
Or would you say it's an invasion of privacy?
Reply 4
I had and would have no issue with it :smile:
Yes, I know my fiance's and, well, I've told him mine but whether he remembers is a different matter.
Not married, but anyone close to me can figure out my passcode easily. If they don't know the exact code they'll know how to figure it out. I'd expect it to only be used in an emergency.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 7
I don't have one at the moment, but I certainly wouldn't share my passwords when I have one in the future.

It's good to have time together, but if they can't respect my privacy then it wouldn't work.
Not married and would never share my passwords with anyone.
Online banking, credit card pins or phone/social media logins.
I value my privacy.
No, but only because i don’t see a reason for him to ever need it. For example, I have my familys numbers written down in case of emergency. I happily leave my phone unlocked when i leave the room or something though

On the other hand i managed to guess his password. Not to snoop, just because he suffers from depression and when he seems very down, i like to check to see if theres any warning signs i can catch to help

What about you? Do you have it/want it?
Reply 10
Original post by Anonymous
If they ever asked you would you?
Or would you say it's an invasion of privacy?

depends what for. t use the phone, fine. to check up on me, no
No, but only because i don’t see a reason for him to ever need it. For example, I have my familys numbers written down in case of emergency. I happily leave my phone unlocked when i leave the room or something though

On the other hand i managed to guess his password. Not to snoop, just because he suffers from depression and when he seems very down, i like to check to see if theres any warning signs i can catch to help

What about you? Do you have it/want it?

I'm not married. But was wondering. I think there's something called privacy and respect other people's privacy so would like them to respect mine.
And I'm a very loyal person (I've been told 'too' loyal) and it's not like I'd have anything to hide from my partner, I just don't see why we'd want to know each other passwords, if we trust each other. :smile:
Reply 12
My partner knows mine because I have the same password for some other things. There is no way I'd hand over my phone for him snooping through my private things though. Just because you're in a long term relationship doesn't mean you can't have privacy and respect.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by gjd800
depends what for. t use the phone, fine. to check up on me, no

Hmm agreed:smile:
We both use the same password for our phones so yes, the only thing we don't know each others password for is our banking but we ve a joint account so wouldn't need to.
I'm not married. But was wondering. I think there's something called privacy and respect other people's privacy so would like them to respect mine.
And I'm a very loyal person (I've been told 'too' loyal) and it's not like I'd have anything to hide from my partner, I just don't see why we'd want to know each other passwords, if we trust each other. :smile:

Yeah i fully understand that. If my partner ever asked for mine and there was a genuine reason (which tbh i cant think of) then I’d have no problem.

I think the problem starts when it’s a case of someone being controlling and wanting to monitor who you’re talking too and what you’re saying etc.

I’m curious though. Whats your thoughts on if your partner was acting very suspicious. Leaving the room to take phone calls, coming home later and later, if they used to respond to txts next to you, but now they don’t. Uno just stereotypical potential cheating stuff... would those of you who said it’s an invasion of privacy and respect etc, do you think itd be ok to ask them to prove they’re not up to know good/ make you see their phone? I only ask because if someone is cheating/having an affair then they’re not respecting you or the privacy of the relationship (in the sense thats theres only 2 of you, shouldn’t be 3 etc) Just curious on peoples thoughts
Yeah i fully understand that. If my partner ever asked for mine and there was a genuine reason (which tbh i cant think of) then I’d have no problem.

I think the problem starts when it’s a case of someone being controlling and wanting to monitor who you’re talking too and what you’re saying etc.

I’m curious though. Whats your thoughts on if your partner was acting very suspicious. Leaving the room to take phone calls, coming home later and later, if they used to respond to txts next to you, but now they don’t. Uno just stereotypical potential cheating stuff... would those of you who said it’s an invasion of privacy and respect etc, do you think itd be ok to ask them to prove they’re not up to know good/ make you see their phone? I only ask because if someone is cheating/having an affair then they’re not respecting you or the privacy of the relationship (in the sense thats theres only 2 of you, shouldn’t be 3 etc) Just curious on peoples thoughts

I would first ask them if everything is okay and if they want to talk to me about anything.
And then I would take it from there- that way I would have given them the chance to come clean if they needed to.

If there behaviour continued, then I would ask if I could have a look at their phone, and they could look at mine. If they refused, then I would be sure that they are up to something behind my back.

Because I strongly feel that those who are truthful have nothing to hide :smile:
not with anyone currently, but with my ex, he knew my passcode but would never remember. we had our thumbprints on each other’s phones. i just like it when a relationship is like that tbh because it wasn’t even in case we didn’t trust each other, because the trust was there. it was so we could scroll through instagram or whatever on whatever phone we grabbed first

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending