The Student Room Group

Gay and cruelly outed. But why?

This is a crazy story, it's long so please bare with. I met this guy who works in a hotel in 2017, names Josh, really attentive to me, his reviews online are abysmal from guests and customers. We have known each other 2 years, I visit two times a year, summer and winter. He would give me prolonged eye contact, joke around with me, stop me constantly to chat (seems like signs, well did to me) , My last stay in the summer of 2018, as I leave the hotel alone, he says behind the bar (fancy a drink before setting off) , this was unheard of from Josh, my heart skipped a beat, showing further interest. I sadly declined as it was the day I was going home. I return in December and Josh is the same, even more attentive, joking around, chatting away, even asking me what shows and films I was into. He worked in December every evening from 4pm to 10pm, the morning I was going home he came into work at 8am, I thought it was to see me. We are chatting in the bar and we talk Christmas, Family, all of a sudden he looks away and says about taking a future girlfriend to where I live which is (London), mortified, stiff upper lip I left the situation, his behaviour was odd but if he was 'straight' what can you do. This is where it gets weird.

Beginning of March, two months on I start playing online games, I played for ten days and played roughly 20 to 30 games , I log in on evening and Josh has played a game, intrigued I check his FB account, he has replicated everything I have done for 10 days, and I mean everything, I message him about this and he responds with 'just that good' but why you watching my account? this carried on for over 3 months, day and night he played. Made no sense!

I start watching game of thrones when the series started in April, and to my surprise Josh starts messaging me about the show. Me a guest from the hotel that you told me you were straight, why are you messaging me? If I didn't respond he sent me more frequent messages. We chatted 6 weeks, early hours of the morning from 1am to 4am. After the show came to an end, he started copying my games again, thinking enough was enough I wanted an explanation, he responded with I'm straight mate, end of , just saying, I love women too much, I don't swing that way and never will. All I asked was about why he spent months copying me. I take him off Facebook and again move on.

I get to this hotel last week and Josh isn't around but two young staff are and who are close to him, I knew the second I walked through the door Josh had told them something. One week into my stay he sends me a friend request (underhanded when I knew he had told staff I was gay and clearly into him), two days later I accept, he returns to work after a holiday. He is distant, doesn't speak to me and walks out of rooms which I am in. After I leave the hotel I contact Lydia the general manager and she knows the whole story, she tells me that she told Josh to be clear with me, i thought well I haven't been stalking him love, not messaging him in the early hours of the morning, why has he been so invested with me? Telling someone is fine by the way but he's told the whole hotel. I write a review for the hotel and leave him out, 11 days later he messages me at 4.15am and asks me why I didn't put him in the review. At 4.15am in the morning. I explained he wasn't around, he took me off facebook.

Weeks pass and I find a facebook account (private) which includes all staff of this hotel, imagine my surprise when i see a post by the general manager, it's a napkin with my room number, a time and two stick figures in a compromising position, with Josh's name on the top , gay sex basically in the drawing, the same general manager Lydia who told me that she felt Josh had to be clear to me, how two faced can someone be. What is going on with this guy, why would he do this to me? Am I wrong... did I do something .
After reading this, I can’t think of anything you’ve done wrong.
Josh is could be in denial or working through something, or maybe he just wanted attention or a close friend. Either way, he was bitter, probably told his own version of the story to the staff and it was cruel to out you like that

Maybe don’t stay at that hotel again and cut contact.
Original post by vortex13
After reading this, I can’t think of anything you’ve done wrong.
Josh is could be in denial or working through something, or maybe he just wanted attention or a close friend. Either way, he was bitter, probably told his own version of the story to the staff and it was cruel to out you like that

Maybe don’t stay at that hotel again and cut contact.

Ignore the OP. They have posted the same fabricated story multiple times under different accounts, they are nothing more than a troll.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending