Scroll to see replies

Reply 1380
Original post by Burton Bridge
Paragraph order.

Look, why don't you split the reply?

1)Dude

No. Don't!

I really dont think so. Firstly remainers should of

"Should have". I've corrected this for you before. No excuses.

backed MV3 anyway

Why on earth should Remainers vote for Brexit?

because the labour remainers stated agreed they with it in mv2.

What are you on about? Labour voted almost unanimously against the 2nd meaningful vote.

2)Let's call it what it is, it is a bill that limits the power of the UK to deside when we leave

No it doesn't. It merely removes the option of No Deal. Boris could present a proposal to parliament tomorrow that passed. Similarly, parliament could reject every deal and run out the next extension. It is entirely in the hands of Boris and the UK parliament. You really should read something other than the Mail and Boris' tweets as a source.

By definition of the word that is surrender.

With all due respect, I'd think about getting a new dictionary.

we wont be leaving on 31st if October because remainer parliamentiants will block a deal

I really don't know how many times you need telling this...
The original WA was rejected because pro-Brexit MPs voted against it. If every pro-Brexit MP had voted for it, we would be out of the EU now.
I'll repeat - the MPs that actually blocked Brexit were pro-Brexit MPs. Including your beloved Johnson and Mogg.

and they have already banned no deal. What parliamentarians can do is abolish the Benn surrender bill, should the make up if parliament change after a GE.

3) I hope so.
Reply 1381
Original post by ColinDent
Hang on, are you accusing leave of breaking electoral laws?

I am not accusing anyone of anything. I am repeating the findings of the court of appeal - who said the breaches were so numerous and serious that had it been a proper election they would have quashed the result. Their words, not mine.

Mr Banks has been found to have no case to answer.

Ooh, "Mr Banks"? I suppose you Leavers do promote respecting your betters. Don't forget to tug your forelock as well.
BTW, Leave.eu was found to have broken the law, but will not be prosecuted.
Reply 1382
Original post by paul514
And what you fail to understand is leave have already won

Leave may have gained more votes in the referendum, but whether that will result in any kind of Brexit remains to be seen. "Won" is a meaningless term in reality, especuially as whatever Brexit does transpire will not be seen as a "win" by some of the Leave camp.

and remain voters are split over parties which is why they have no hope of a second vote.

In another split result, it could easily be Labour with Lib Dems/SNP that form the government. With the support of other Peo-Remain parties, an bill for a 2nd ref. would certainly pass. This may not happen, but it entirely possible so your "no hope" hope is merely wishful thinking.
Original post by QE2
I am not accusing anyone of anything. I am repeating the findings of the court of appeal - who said the breaches were so numerous and serious that had it been a proper election they would have quashed the result. Their words, not mine.

Ooh, "Mr Banks"? I suppose you Leavers do promote respecting your betters. Don't forget to tug your forelock as well.
BTW, Leave.eu was found to have broken the law, but will not be prosecuted.

I noticed that you sidestepped the part about remain EU's misdemeanours, yes the court of appeal said that but the Met Police stated that there was insufficient evidence to proceed with a criminal investigation, i.e. no case to answer m'lud.
And I often use the suffix of Mr, Mrs or Ms with people of all walks of life, wether they be remainers, leavers or in Mr Corbyn's case either one depending on who he is talking to.
Reply 1384
I noticed that you sidestepped the part about remain EU's misdemeanours, yes the court of appeal said that but the Met Police stated that there was insufficient evidence to proceed with a criminal investigation, i.e. no case to answer m'lud.
And I often use the suffix of Mr, Mrs or Ms with people of all walks of life, wether they be remainers, leavers or in Mr Corbyn's case either one depending on who he is talking to.

"Insufficient evidence to warrant a prosecution" and "No case to answer" are two different things.

If you present the Remain campaign's law-breaking, I will address it. I haven't heard of any being prosecuted in the courts.
Original post by QE2
See, this just illustrates your poor grasp of the issues.
The Benn Act is really only relevant until 19th October. It has essentially a single, one-off purpose. Abolishing it after 19th October would be meaningless as the extension would already have been established.
You claim that the Benn Act will be abolished after the next general election, but you also accept that there will not be a GE in the near future.
So either you don't understand what the Benn Act is, or you don't understand time.

If what qe2 says is actually true @paul514 I did not realise it was a temporary act which is only desiged to make Johnson seek an extension, which stinks of party political game play to favour labour.

If that is true the surrender benn act is even more disingenuous than i thought
Original post by QE2
"Insufficient evidence to warrant a prosecution" and "No case to answer" are two different things.

If you present the Remain campaign's law-breaking, I will address it. I haven't heard of any being prosecuted in the courts.

I haven't heard of any leave campaigns being prosecuted in the courts either, both leave and remain campaigns have been fined though
Reply 1387
If what qe2 says is actually true @paul514 I did not realise it was a temporary act

Seriously? What did you think it was? Did you even bother to try and find out? Or was hearing Johnson repeatedly say "Surrender Bill" all the info you needed?

which is only desiged to make Johnson seek an extension,

It only requires him to seek an extension if a deal isn't passed by Oct 19. Seriously, how are you on here all day blathering, without even being aware of the basic facts? Brexit in a Nutshell™

which stinks of party political game play to favour labour.

It is simply a cross-party bill to rule out No Deal. That is all. It does not in any way prevent the UK negotiating a deal and leaving on Oct 31.

If that is true the surrender benn act is even more disingenuous than I thought

But you don't have a clue what it means or entails, even now, so your opinion is worthless.
Reply 1388
I haven't heard of any leave campaigns being prosecuted in the courts either, both leave and remain campaigns have been fined though

The courts ruled that Leave.eu broke electoral law. Not sure why you are denying that.
The court of appeal ruled that the offences were so serious that had it been an election it would have quashed the result, but because it was merely an advisory referendum, there was no process to do so. Haven't heard the same levelled against the Remain campaign, but I'm sure you can enlighten me.
Original post by QE2
Look, why don't you split the reply?

No. Don't!

"Should have". I've corrected this for you before. No excuses.

Why on earth should Remainers vote for Brexit?

What are you on about? Labour voted almost unanimously against the 2nd meaningful vote.

No it doesn't. It merely removes the option of No Deal. Boris could present a proposal to parliament tomorrow that passed. Similarly, parliament could reject every deal and run out the next extension. It is entirely in the hands of Boris and the UK parliament. You really should read something other than the Mail and Boris' tweets as a source.

With all due respect, I'd think about getting a new dictionary.

I really don't know how many times you need telling this...
The original WA was rejected because pro-Brexit MPs voted against it. If every pro-Brexit MP had voted for it, we would be out of the EU now.
I'll repeat - the MPs that actually blocked Brexit were pro-Brexit MPs. Including your beloved Johnson and Mogg.

and they have already banned no deal. What parliamentarians can do is abolish the Benn surrender bill, should the make up if parliament change after a GE.

3) I hope so.

And you actually wonder why I dont split the post down?

I'll just deal with the posts that mean something, remainer parliamentarians that claim to support brexit, voted in on a brexit manifesto should respect the promises they made.

Surrender stop resisting to an opponent and submit to their authority.

The surrender bill litterally surrender power to the EU to deside how long an extension is removed our abilty to negotiate it and limit our abilty to resist what the EU demand in negotiation.
Original post by QE2
The courts ruled that Leave.eu broke electoral law. Not sure why you are denying that.
The court of appeal ruled that the offences were so serious that had it been an election it would have quashed the result, but because it was merely an advisory referendum, there was no process to do so. Haven't heard the same levelled against the Remain campaign, but I'm sure you can enlighten me.

So no prosecutions as you suggested then, due to the fact that there is no evidence of any.
Original post by QE2
Seriously? What did you think it was? Did you even bother to try and find out? Or was hearing Johnson repeatedly say "Surrender Bill" all the info you needed?

It only requires him to seek an extension if a deal isn't passed by Oct 19. Seriously, how are you on here all day blathering, without even being aware of the basic facts? Brexit in a Nutshell™

It is simply a cross-party bill to rule out No Deal. That is all. It does not in any way prevent the UK negotiating a deal and leaving on Oct 31.

But you don't have a clue what it means or entails, even now, so your opinion is worthless.

If you are correct you have informed me of something I did not know. I am mature enough to admit that, it's a shame you are not as mature to admit when you are then we could have proper honest and meaningful debate.
Original post by QE2
In another split result, it could easily be Labour with Lib Dems/SNP that form the government. With the support of other Peo-Remain parties, an bill for a 2nd ref. would certainly pass. This may not happen, but it entirely possible so your "no hope" hope is merely wishful thinking.

There is no majority for a second referendum in the house the only thing there is a majority for is to extend.
Original post by paul514
There is no majority for a second referendum in the house the only thing there is a majority for is to extend.

Exactly that, labour wont support another referendum until they have negotiated a uber soft rammel deal nobody including themselves want. The conservatives wont support a referendum period, so that rules a referendum out.

Labour wont back a general election because they are in a situation where they can actually get laws threw in opposition and they know they are heading for a massacre at the northern ballet boxes. So we are stuck causing damage to the country but they dont mind that because they can divert blame for the damage on brexiteers whom are not responsible.
Reply 1394
Exactly that, labour wont support another referendum until they have negotiated a uber soft rammel deal nobody including themselves want. The conservatives wont support a referendum period, so that rules a referendum out.

Labour wont back a general election because they are in a situation where they can actually get laws threw in opposition and they know they are heading for a massacre at the northern ballet boxes. So we are stuck causing damage to the country but they dont mind that because they can divert blame for the damage on brexiteers whom are not responsible.

Labour voted at conference to promise a 2nd referendum as part of the next election campaign.
They will back an election once it is certain that No Deal is impossible.
The reason that the UK did not Leave in March was because a group of No Deal Brexiteer MPs voted against Brexit. They tipped the balance.
This is getting boring now. You have basically just been making stuff up for that last week or so. Please try and research the facts before posting. Thanks.
Original post by QE2
Labour voted at conference to promise a 2nd referendum as part of the next election campaign.
The reason that the UK did not Leave in March was because a group of No Deal Brexiteer MPs voted against Brexit. They tipped the balance.
This is getting boring now. You have basically just been making stuff up for that last week or so. Please try and research the facts before posting. Thanks.

Lets take this step by step then.

Step 1 How do we leave no deal?
Reply 1396
Lets take this step by step then.

Step 1 How do we leave no deal?

By arriving at the 31st Oct deadline without an agreed deal or extension in place.
Original post by QE2
By arriving at the 31st Oct deadline without an agreed deal or extension in place.

Step two - whom wanted an extension and what group of parliamentiants fought against it in parliament?
Reply 1398
Step two - whom wanted an extension

All the MPs who are opposed to crashing out with No Deal.

and what group of parliamentiants fought against it in parliament?

The government.

And it should be "who". I've pointed this out before. It makes absolutely no sense to use "whom" where it does not apply. Here's a tip - if you can use "he/she" it is who, if you can use "him/her" it is whom.

He wanted an extension, or Him wanted an extension?
Original post by QE2

That’s not true even if all the ERG voted for the third try if mays deal it still wouldn’t have got the vote through.

It lost by 58 I think and again I think there were 21 ERG who didn’t vote for it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending