The Student Room Group

Government to suspend Parliament

Scroll to see replies

We are in an odd situation with parliament now because the EU is waiting to see what parliament is going to do and parliament is waiting to see what the EU is going to do.
Original post by mjhmichael18
We are in an odd situation with parliament now because the EU is waiting to see what parliament is going to do and parliament is waiting to see what the EU is going to do.

The EU will respond as soon as Boris loses his vote today. If the French were serious about causing trouble there would have been much more diplomatic activity over the weekend.
Original post by nulli tertius
The EU will respond as soon as Boris loses his vote today. If the French were serious about causing trouble there would have been much more diplomatic activity over the weekend.

They have given us the extension. Do you think we have an election now?
Original post by josh75
complete lie

Happy to apologise when you prove this.
Original post by Wired_1800
They have given us the extension. Do you think we have an election now?

Not tonight. The key question is whether Labour hijack any one clause Bill for an election.
Not tonight. The key question is whether Labour hijack any one clause Bill for an election.

Then they could end up playing themselves. Everyone else seems to want an election
Original post by Wired_1800
Then they could end up playing themselves. Everyone else seems to want an election

That might be the case. The Liberals and SNP won’t propose franchise changes. What will they do if Labour does propose such changes?
That might be the case. The Liberals and SNP won’t propose franchise changes. What will they do if Labour does propose such changes?

Swinson has stated she would oppose amendment and the SNP acknowledged time constraint.

Given that Lab and Lib have spent the day insulting each other I imagine that the government are fine on that front.
It is funny to watch the Liberal Democrats and Labour try and try and try to get a General Election under their terms, they both know that the Tories are going to win and are bricking it.

Labour MPs finally realise that their promises to uphold the referendum when they were elected are biting their arses when they didn't really want to uphold it.
Original post by Rakas21
Swinson has stated she would oppose amendment and the SNP acknowledged time constraint.

Given that Lab and Lib have spent the day insulting each other I imagine that the government are fine on that front.

Then it will pass unless Boris finds some other means of assembling a circular firing squad.
Then it will pass unless Boris finds some other means of assembling a circular firing squad.

Worth saying of course that the Lords would likely attach those symbolic amendments.

I don't know what they will do, but it seems that this is the time for the Lib Dems to strike. If they lose this opportunity then Madam Swinson is daft.
I don’t know why the conservatives would propose a bill that can be amended if I were bojo I would just do the same vote over and over under the FTPA.
Original post by paul514
I don’t know why the conservatives would propose a bill that can be amended if I were bojo I would just do the same vote over and over under the FTPA.

He’s basically betting that the Lib-SNP wish for an election is genuine. It’s a risk of course.
Original post by Rakas21
He’s basically betting that the Lib-SNP wish for an election is genuine. It’s a risk of course.

Well he can always pull the bill so I guess it’s only a day wasted
Original post by Burton Bridge
Happy to apologise when you prove this.

No you wont, you've proven you wont at all. Ive literally been saying go back for how long now, you could have went back when my points where like 2 pages behind and you didnt do it. You dont want to argue the point at all. Your just a sophist like everyone else on this site. Dont respond if its more bs, you just make yourself look like an idiot.
Original post by josh75
No you wont, you've proven you wont at all. Ive literally been saying go back for how long now, you could have went back when my points where like 2 pages behind and you didnt do it. You dont want to argue the point at all. Your just a sophist like everyone else on this site. Dont respond if its more bs, you just make yourself look like an idiot.

You agree that @QE2 point is dishonest, so why is yours different? This you answered because young are a special group then then explained they wasn't and asked, why? You never answered.

Why is it so difficult to get people to explain their view points or admit they are wrong. The abilty to admit fault, compromise or apologise is largely absent from this forum?

Look Josh, you are talking rammel and you know you are, for the last god knows how many pages you have wiggled like a maggot on a hook to try to divert away from answering the question, feel free to carry on with the name calling, belittling and falsified versions of what's been previously said, I'll just keep copy pasting this until you answer :wink:
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 1737
You agree that @QE2 point is dishonest,

Which point would that be?
*expects him to avoid giving a straight answer, or to just make something up*
Original post by QE2
Which point would that be?
*expects him to avoid giving a straight answer, or to just make something up*

You dont know what you have said either then? They are you're words are they not, you do type them? Or do you just hit any random buttons on the keyboard as that explains alot, you clearly contradict yourself regular and now you dont even know what you have said! :rolleyes:

The point you was arguing with all and sundry a few pages back, nobody agreed #shocker. You're misleading statement about and only 3x% of the people voted leave making remain being the only democratic option or whatever garbage you were chanting. @josh75 agreed that was dishonest but insisted his own was honest, when it's exactly the same type of point but Josh is refusing to explain, least you tried to explain yourself, albeit you gave up when defeated and resorted to insult Josh never got that far and just resorted to insult.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 1739
You dont know what you have said either then? They are you're words are they not, you do type them? Or do you just hit any random buttons on the keyboard as that explains alot, you clearly contradict yourself regular and now you dont even know what you have said! :rolleyes:

I have said a great many things. You are referring to one specific thing. I don't know what you are referring to, you do. So it is up to you to support your accusation by explaining it.
Yet again, you demonstrate you inability to understand even the simplest of concepts.

The point you was arguing with all and sundry a few pages back, nobody agreed #shocker. You're misleading statement about and only 3x% of the people voted leave making remain being the only democratic option or whatever garbage you were chanting. josh75 agreed that was dishonest but insisted his own was honest, when it's exactly the same type of point but Josh is refusing to explain, least you tried to explain yourself, albeit you gave up when defeated and resorted to insult Josh never got that far and just resorted to insult.

I have no idea what you are on about. You need to be more specific, because I cannot recall ever saying that Remain is the only democratic option because only 35% of the electorate voted Leave.
However, I do remember saying that you cannot claim 35% of the electorate legitimately represents "the will of the people". Because it doesn't. Anyone who claims it does is either dishonest or deluded. There is no "will of the people" regarding Brexit.
I also remember saying that in the context of support for Remain, Deal x or No Deal, Remain is the democratic option because Leave support is split between Deal and No Deal. However, this point is probably far too nuanced for you to ever get your head round.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending