The Student Room Group

Does accutane stunt growth?

Im a 22yo guy and I started to take accutane at age 16 and a half (5 months before turning 17) because of my acne. Back then I didnt know anything about growth stunt. My doc just praised the drug to me as a miracle drug without any harsh side effects. Anyway, I havent grown at all ever since I took this drug. I'm 5'9 (175cm), dad is 5'6 (169 cm) and mom is 5'4 (163 cm).

I read that it only stunts growth when taken in very high doses for many years but I only took 10mg daily for around 10 months...
What do you think?
10mg isn’t a lot. I went to 80 pretty quickly, I’m sure that wouldn’t have been the reason
Reply 2
At what age did you take it? Did you still grow taller? 80mg is a lot
Reply 3
Original post by Aaryra
10mg isn’t a lot. I went to 80 pretty quickly, I’m sure that wouldn’t have been the reason

sorry I didnt quote you
Original post by blablazz
At what age did you take it? Did you still grow taller? 80mg is a lot

Uhh I was probably like 15ish, no I didn’t grow much but I was already 5’3 when I was that age and grew like half an inch since. But my sisters are shorter than me so I don’t think it affected my height, just genetics tbh
Hi, I took 40mg for 4 months when I was 14yo. I have continued to grow and, at 17, I'm 6'3.
so it didnt effect your growth?
Well from a scientific standpoint, considering if your parents were brought up in a healthy environment, the height you currently are sounds logical, since height is considered "continuous variation". Were basically, both the environment and genes would determine your height.
Really? How much did you grow?
Reply 9
Original post by Glasgow46
Hi, I took 40mg for 4 months when I was 14yo. I have continued to grow and, at 17, I'm 6'3.
was it exactly 4 months? Or was it slightly less or longer than that? Please give me a genuine answer thank youuu 🙏

Latest

Trending

Trending