The Student Room Group

Nudes? Threatening to Leak them

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jxng1
Sorry for the late reply, been busy over these last few days. The fact that he has already hit you means you can get the police on him, problem is having proof.

I told the police he’s hit me and everything else, but they just gave me a link to a domestic violence charity, that’s it really.

And thank you for replying
Reply 101
Original post by Samsam31
I told the police he’s hit me and everything else, but they just gave me a link to a domestic violence charity, that’s it really.

Quite weird, the police aren't handling this well. Well do get help from the domestic charity. I hope everything is well. Stay strong.
Thank you, If he was to come near me would it be reasonable to call the police? I guess if I felt threatened then yes but for any other reason?

Thank you for replying

Have you been to the police at all? Just go, you thought you could trust him and he abused that trust, the police have specially trained people to deal with this kind of incident

Is that it? Sorry that’s all they did
OP Let's talk about the big elephant in the room that no one wants to address, your parents. YOU NEED TO TELL YOUR PARENTS ABOUT WHAT IS GOING ON. I know it's embarrassing and you are afraid of your parents possible reaction. But believe me since the police aren't doing much you need someone in your corner. And they also need to know since they are in danger because you live in the same household. In addition they won't be afraid of him and won't let your punk bf near you or the house.

Please trust me on this one. You need papa and mama bear to get angry about this. And yes they might get upset at you, but will be much more angry at your bf. And it is a much better alternative than something negative happening to you. Plus less embarrassing for both you and your parents.
Original post by Greywolftwo
Is that it? Sorry that’s all they did

Yepp that’s it, Over the phone when I rang 101 the women was telling me then can recover messages and kept insisting I come to the police station the same night, she was telling me so much. However, when I went to the station they told me straight there’s nothing they can do as ‘he’s not actually committing an offence’
Original post by Palmsprings007
OP Let's talk about the big elephant in the room that no one wants to address, your parents. YOU NEED TO TELL YOUR PARENTS ABOUT WHAT IS GOING ON. I know it's embarrassing and you are afraid of your parents possible reaction. But believe me since the police aren't doing much you need someone in your corner. And they also need to know since they are in danger because you live in the same household. In addition they won't be afraid of him and won't let your punk bf near you or the house.

Please trust me on this one. You need papa and mama bear to get angry about this. And yes they might get upset at you, but will be much more angry at your bf. And it is a much better alternative than something negative happening to you. Plus less embarrassing for both you and your parents.

Thanks for replying :smile: However, I’m from a very strict traditional Muslim family and There’s no way I can tell my family. I live with my mum and dad, but don’t speak to my dad at all, and I couldn’t tell my mum. Also, my bf doesn’t know where I live exactly he just knows the area
Yepp that’s it, Over the phone when I rang 101 the women was telling me then can recover messages and kept insisting I come to the police station the same night, she was telling me so much. However, when I went to the station they told me straight there’s nothing they can do as ‘he’s not actually committing an offence’

Well if he’s hit you then you could report him for assault, he threatened you with blackmail, that is an offence. Sadly I think the police don’t want to be bothered with you because they think that they have more important things to be working on
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Greywolftwo
Well if he’s hit you then you could report him for assault, he threatened you with blackmail, that is an offence. Sadly I think the police don’t want to be bothered with you because they think that they have more important things to be working on

Thanks and Yes what you are saying is true. But they told me he’s only threatening so it isn’t a crime so nothing can be done as I sent the photos freely
Like others said, if your "man" leaks the nudes he is committing blackmail and that's illegal
Original post by Anonymous
Thanks for telling me. However, this guy Is very dodgy a criminal- I’m scared he may try sort of attack me or do something along the lines of that

Lowkey this is your fault for going out with a "criminal" (your own words) that you could expect to do things like this, if not worse.

But anyhow. Report the **** out of him, dump him and don't look back.
OP, if you are truly scared that he is going to do something, my advice would be to dump him and maybe get out of town for a week or two. Which means we need to talk about the big elephant in the room that nobody seems to want to talk about, your parents. YOU NEED TO TELL YOUR PARENTS WHAT IS GOING ON. I know it's embarrasing and you are afraid about how they are going to react, but believe me they aren't going to let your punk bf anywhere near the house. Yes they may get upset at you, but way more angry at your bf. And seeing that the police aren't doing much at the moment, you need someone in your corner. And if nothing else, they need to know what is going on because they are in danger also since you all live in the same house. Please....trust me on this one. You need papa and mama bear to get angry and help you take care of this. They won't be afraid to stand up to the situation and will fight for you. It's a way better outcome than if something bad happens to you or possibly them. And way less embarrasing. We all make mistakes in life and you can do this and get through this.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending