The Student Room Group

What would you do if your parents hit you?

Hi, I would just like to know what you would do, if you were a young teenager, if your mother raised her hand on you
I don't want to start any conflict, so be nice please :smile:
I would tell the police an adult should never think they got right to hit a child.
Reply 2
my father would occasionally hit me when i still lived at home. it was well deserved most of the time. i didn't particularly care.
Reply 3
Original post by looloo2134
I would tell the police an adult should never think they got right to hit a child.

But then wouldn't the teen be taken away?
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, I would just like to know what you would do, if you were a young teenager, if your mother raised her hand on you

that's a tricky situation
Nothing. Just cry. It's happened before
Overreact so that I get slapped even more afterwards

It depend on how bad it is but mostly the police talk to the adult.
Avoid being within my mother's striking range, never be alone to with her and always keep an eye out for when her mood is darkening.
Plus save up as much as possible to pay for my own accommodation and plan to move out at 18 without leaving a forwarding address.
That's what I did.

My friend stayed living with her family, has suffered her mother's violent attacks for 24 years and lives with no hope of them ever stopping until her mother is physically incapable to holding a weapon/punching her.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by londonmyst
Avoid being within my mother's striking range, never be alone to with her and always keep an eye out for when her mood is darkening.
Plus save up as much as possible to pay for my own accommodation and plan to move out at 18 without leaving a forwarding address.
That's what I did.

My friend stayed living with her family, has suffered her mother's violent attacks for 24 years and lives with no hope of them ever stopping until her mother is physically incapable to holding a weapon/punching her.

If this has been happening to your friend for 24 year why have you not been a good friend and called the police/social services. it better to protected your friend even if the friendship ends.
Hit her back
I didn't do anything

I would just shut up and go to my room. I've been hit multiple time by my parents and it was only because I was misbehaving same goes for my younger siblings lol.
Original post by OR321
Overreact so that I get slapped even more afterwards

😂😂😂

Um not really
Original post by looloo2134
If this has been happening to your friend for 24 year why have you not been a good friend and called the police/social services. it better to protected your friend even if the friendship ends.

My friend is a fundamentalist christian and her church have a long history of justifying brutal parental violence.
She believes that the 10 commandments & the bible give her mother the absolute right to batter her and attack her with weapons.
She also believes that it is a sin to leave her parents house before marriage and that she cannot get married without both parents agreeing.
So many friends have tried to help and offered alternative accommodation.
My best friend tried to persuade her to come live with her in India.
She just won't do anything to help herself or allow others to help.

Police are useless with parental violence against children.
Several people complained about my mother attacking me as a child, police always said her actions were legal and there was nothing they could do.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending