The Student Room Group

dad accuses me of stealing

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Cryoraptor
He doesn't have friends who his mum could borrow thousands of pounds off their mothers apparently.

It's really sad that people would make things like this up.

Original post by TehZia19
To be completely honest, this platform is not the right place for him to look for help. If he genuinely thinks that there is no other option then he should seek professional advice. It is very easy to exaggerate an account and even easier to jump to conclusions.

I'm thinking the more posts we get the more likely it is this is a troll, but I'm still willing to say get out than not say anything, just in the chance it is real and not exaggerated.
I don't believe he is making it up, however, it does look like he is exaggerating... a bit. Maybe to gain sympathy?

i wish i was exaggerating
I don't believe he is making it up, however, it does look like he is exaggerating... a bit. Maybe to gain sympathy?

General rule of thumb: if some of it is made up, it's all made up. An abuse victim isn't going to exploit their own situation for sympathy. That just doesn't happen.
Original post by Anonymous
my teachers noticed about my teeth and told me to brush my teeth as a joke. my school shoes are ripped but not in an extreme condition. and my friends parent that my mum borrows money off is her only friend and they go way back. they're not that close and she probably gave it to my mum out of pity. not everything is reported to safeguarding where i go to school

I'm sorry but you've just dug yourself a hole by using the teeth example. What teacher in their right mind wouldn't make a serious safeguarding issue out of decaying teeth? I think this is a subtle admission that this thread has been attention-seeking

Also, they go way back but they aren't that close? Why would she allow her to take thousands off her then? Massive contradiction there.

1st rule of lying: You have to have a good memory to be a good liar
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Bio 7
I'm thinking the more posts we get the more likely it is this is a troll, but I'm still willing to say get out than not say anything, just in the chance it is real and not exaggerated.

Fair enough
Reply 45

OP is male?

the posting style seems more feminine than masculine to me....
Original post by ANM775
OP is male?

the posting style seems more feminine than masculine to me....

I've stuck to 'they' since I don't recall them specifying whether they are male or female

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending