The Student Room Group

I need people to cast in my music video

For my media studies A level coursework, we have to make our own music videos. This has very specific requirements, e.g. the video has to include at least 2 people representing different social groups. However, as I don’t have many close friends, especially ones which I can 100% rely on to take it seriously (this coursework is 30% of the whole grade) or to be patient with me whilst making the music video (bc when it comes to stuff like this i’m sort of a perfectionist and i know that the filming part will take a LOT of time), it has not been easy for me to find people to cast in my video. Not to mention I’m awkward to ask people in my class, even those who I’m friends with, they will all be busy in working on their own individual projects anyway.I thought about casting my sister as one person (probably the artist of the video as like i’ve said in the reasons above, she’d be more accessible and it would be easier to get her to do it). The other person I thought I’d get to be in my video is one of my childhood best friends, who i’m very close with to this day, we meet up the most anyway and when I told her about the project she was very supportive and agreed to it so I thought there would be no problems in getting my minimum of “2 representations”. However, as she has just started year 12, and at school which has high demands on their students, and also has a job, she won’t be free anytime soon to start filming.Although this coursework is only 30% of the grade it’s extremely time-consuming and it’s putting a lot of stress on me as to what I should actually do. I have it all planned it’s just the casting that is the problem. My teacher told our class that the deadline is towards the end of next month and although that might seem like a long time, it’s actually not considering the filming, editing, and website for the “artist” that comes with it needs to be done by that time. Now I don’t know who else I could include in my video, I mean I could try and get some of my other friends to play minor characters (since idk about their availability and this project will take up a long time), I was thinking to get random people on the streets involved as a last resort but that seems like a really long shot. I’m just desperate at this moment to get it all done and out of the way.
Hi there Anon,

Whereabouts do you live? If you live near one or several universities (or colleges) you could consider putting a call-out to their students, especially if they have students who are creative in some regard, i.e. musical theatre, drama, etc. Have you tried that?

Best,
Harriet :smile:
Third Year Photography Student and Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending