The Student Room Group

Would you be confident for your husband to watch the birth of your child?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Reue
I was recently in the room but stayed up at the top end. No amount of money could have made me take a look down the business section..

Watching your wife give birth?
Reply 21
Original post by Wired_1800
while I wait outside in the waiting room. Once, it is all done, I will gone inside to thank the Doctors/Nurses and shake their hands for a job well done.

You do realise it could be a very very long wait sat there alone? Also some will not actually have a waiting room, you could be sat in the corridor hearing all the noises from every other room!
Reply 22
Original post by Greywolftwo
Watching your wife give birth?

Indeed
Original post by Reue
Indeed

Well it must have made you a tougher person
Original post by Reue
You do realise it could be a very very long wait sat there alone? Also some will not actually have a waiting room, you could be sat in the corridor hearing all the noises from every other room!

So you recommend going to pub and waiting for it all to blow over?
Reply 25
Original post by DiddyDecAlt

If you're not going to be in the room then there's no point getting in the way in the corridor outside.
Well, it is his child too, so yes he will be in the room. I'm not going to be that selfish to stop him from being there when his child is brought into the world. Also, I'd want him there for support. He doesn't have to look down the "business end" if he doesn't want to.
Original post by Cantab_UCL
And if she laid a log while giving birth? *Chortles* :biggrin:

Your immaturity is astounding. It is a good thing then that it will be a long time before you have a pregnant wife.
Original post by S1elyak1
I'd want him in the room and if he chose to look than that's his choice, after all it would be our child not just mine

he should be advised what he's in for if he looks. it's his choice, but this has been going on since time immemorial and it is known by the midwives that men, or anyone, can find it traumatizing to see that.
Id rather not, but if the woman insisted id bow down to their wishes.

Also get a chance to do this joke (For it to work the mother in law needs to be present)

So the birth isnt going very well and the mother in law bends over her daughter and says "X, just so you know you are my favourite daughter"
No obviosuly I have to say something, so I bends over and says "and X, just so you know girlfriend wise you are definitely top 5"
I asked my husband to wait outside although he is a doctor.
Original post by Reue

Well, I guess I would wait in the car, if there are no rooms. I don't want to witness my Mrs face the probably most traumatic experience of her life.
Original post by Anonymous
I asked my husband to wait outside although he is a doctor.

Oh interesting 🤔
Reply 33
Original post by Wired_1800
I don't want to witness my Mrs face the probably most traumatic experience of her life.

She might appreciate your help. Plus you may be required to sign for consent.
Original post by Andrew97
Id rather not, but if the woman insisted id bow down to their wishes.

Also get a chance to do this joke (For it to work the mother in law needs to be present)

So the birth isnt going very well and the mother in law bends over her daughter and says "X, just so you know you are my favourite daughter"
No obviosuly I have to say something, so I bends over and says "and X, just so you know girlfriend wise you are definitely top 5"

:eek:

She wont forgive nor forget.
Original post by aciana
he should be advised what he's in for if he looks. it's his choice, but this has been going on since time immemorial and it is known by the midwives that men, or anyone, can find it traumatizing to see that.

I think he would know what he's in for, it's obviously not going to be pretty
Original post by S1elyak1
I think he would know what he's in for, it's obviously not going to be pretty

Definitely doesn’t have to look but would probably see the blood, my biggest fear would be if my wife lost lots of blood during pregnancy
Speaking as a male here, I wouldn't mind watching it one bit, although I'd be sure to have a decent supply of tissues with me. :redface:
Reply 38
I've seen it happened, not the nicest of view and wished I was seeing it from another angle instead of the delivery end.

If it was my wife I'd still watch it regardless of how disturbing it is.
Original post by DiddyDecAlt

Thats what I did during the conception.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending