The Student Room Group

bad predicted grades 🥴

I need help from people who don't know me so its objective and as brutally honest as possible... but basically my predicted grades rn are BBC and obviously I want them higher to ABB. Ive spoken to one teacher to increase the B to an A and she said yes only if I can increase the C to a B (??dumb logic tbh)
so anyways, I revised 18 hours for a test to increase my C to a B but I got a U 🥴🥴 so now I'm stuck and I don't know what to do. My lowest choice uni needs BBB and I can't even get into those ones. ommggg someone please help me
Reply 1
sorry lemme clarify, my teacher said she will increase my grade in her subject only if I'm able to increase my grade in another subject. and honestly I don't get why that is a factor, but if I don't increase my C to a B in one subject then she won't increase my B to an A
Only thing I can think of is not applying this ucas cycle, working super hard and getting those grades as achieved grades then taking a gap year and starting uni. You could ask ur teacher again for one last chance but i don’t know how successful that would be.
Reply 3
Original post by Kryptonitekid43
Only thing I can think of is not applying this ucas cycle, working super hard and getting those grades as achieved grades then taking a gap year and starting uni. You could ask ur teacher again for one last chance but i don’t know how successful that would be.

yeah I'm already repeating, I should've started uni this year but I moved colleges so I had to restart.
Original post by Elysian!
I need help from people who don't know me so its objective and as brutally honest as possible... but basically my predicted grades rn are BBC and obviously I want them higher to ABB. Ive spoken to one teacher to increase the B to an A and she said yes only if I can increase the C to a B (??dumb logic tbh)
so anyways, I revised 18 hours for a test to increase my C to a B but I got a U 🥴🥴 so now I'm stuck and I don't know what to do. My lowest choice uni needs BBB and I can't even get into those ones. ommggg someone please help me

You can apply to BBB unis with BBC predictions -

There is absolutely NO point in being predicted grades you won't get as you'll end up in clearing. Work hard and apply next year or go through adjustment.
yeah I'm already repeating, I should've started uni this year but I moved colleges so I had to restart.

Idk I’d still try it as I feel it’s your best bet. I hope someone else has some better ideas but sadly I’m not sure what else to suggest.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 6

I would say still apply to those Uni's with your current predicted grades (if you cant get them upped) and try to make sure you have the best personal statement possible. Even if you get rejected there is always clearing, so do your best and then you can always apply to courses which still need to be filled.

There are a number of issues. Go with your predicted grades and change some of your choices to universities offering ABB to BBC say 2xABB, 2x BBB and one BBC. There is every possibility that the ABB or BBB might make you an offer at those grades. If they do work as hard as possible to achieve them. If you miss an offer by 1 or 2 grades there is a likelyhood you might still be accepted. If not you apply through clearing. If your grades prove better than the offer you have firmed you would be able to look for higher graded universities through adjustment.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending