The Student Room Group

Can I get into an AAA uni with AAB?

I got AAB predicted grades and an A* EPQ and am applying to unis that ask for AAA (Warwick, LSE, Durham) to do politics. Could I get an offer my grades?
(edited 4 years ago)
Definitely! My predicted grades were AAB, I got an offer which was AAA and I ended up getting AAB and still got my place confirmed!
Contextual offers or EPQ
Reply 3
Original post by MrMusician95
Definitely! My predicted grades were AAB, I got an offer which was AAA and I ended up getting AAB and still got my place confirmed!

Thanks a lot!
Bear in mind that while you might get an offer with AAB predicteds, this offer will ask for AAA. There may (might turn to probably or almost certainly depending on the course. Some have a reputation of admitting quite far misses) be leniency on results day and you could be let in with AAB achieved, but it's not a thing to rely on.
You might get an offer with predicted grades one grade below - that is not the same as 'getting in', your offer will be AAA and you still have to get those grades in August.

Advice here about How to Avoid 5 Rejections, which includes info about how/why to spread your choices across different requirements : https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/university/apply/how-to-avoid-getting-five-university-rejections
Original post by AHoek10
I got AAB predicted grades and an A* EPQ and am applying to unis that ask for AAA (Warwick, LSE, Durham). Would I get in with my grades?

So this is not a good question:
Can you get an offer? Yes, very easily ... Will you get accepted come August? Maybe, course dependant.

TBH for most courses (particularly,STEM, econ, medicine, law etc.) AAB wont be good enough, you will likely need a little more, but there are plenty of courses where AAB is no doubt admission.

Also if your school is flagged as underperforming or something it could move the needle in very marginal cases...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending