The Student Room Group

UCAS application and GCSE as a private candidate

Hello,

I am currently studying a BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Engineering at a College in London. I am predicted DDD (triple Distinction). I am applying to Brunel, Newcastle, Bristol, Leeds, and Birmingham for "BEng (Hons) Electrical and Electronic Engineering".

I will be 21 when I start University. From September 2015 - June 2016, I did GCSE Maths as a Private candidate alongside my AS-Levels in Economics, Business and Law. I managed to improve my GCSE Maths grade from a "C" to a "B". However, the application form is not letting me put that in as it says that I cannot be "enrolled at two schools at the same time". I did my GCSE Maths at a place called "East London Skills for Life". For the Universities I have applied for, it is quite important I mention that I have a "B" in GCSE Maths, as that is part of the entry requirements.

Also, in 2017, I did an IGCSE in Physics as a private candidate. I got a "C". Again, I am having the same problem: I cannot put it in. I did from the same institution as my GCSE Maths "re-sit".

How do I sort out these issues relating to putting qualifications on UCAS?
If in doubt, contact UCAS. Also, make sure that you put down your original grades as well as your resits, as you have to list any and all qualifications that you’ve achieved
Original post by iamadoctorsson
Hello,

I am currently studying a BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Engineering at a College in London. I am predicted DDD (triple Distinction). I am applying to Brunel, Newcastle, Bristol, Leeds, and Birmingham for "BEng (Hons) Electrical and Electronic Engineering".

I will be 21 when I start University. From September 2015 - June 2016, I did GCSE Maths as a Private candidate alongside my AS-Levels in Economics, Business and Law. I managed to improve my GCSE Maths grade from a "C" to a "B". However, the application form is not letting me put that in as it says that I cannot be "enrolled at two schools at the same time". I did my GCSE Maths at a place called "East London Skills for Life". For the Universities I have applied for, it is quite important I mention that I have a "B" in GCSE Maths, as that is part of the entry requirements.

Also, in 2017, I did an IGCSE in Physics as a private candidate. I got a "C". Again, I am having the same problem: I cannot put it in. I did from the same institution as my GCSE Maths "re-sit".

How do I sort out these issues relating to putting qualifications on UCAS?

Put the college you sat your gcse retakes as PART TIME attendance for just the months of the exams. You will be able to add it then. Ucas is stopping you from saying you were studying full time at two colleges at the same time

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending