The Student Room Group

How to stop fancying someone?

I have officially basically been in love with someone for 2 years. We didn’t even date! We were friends for a short while and then drifted apart anyway but he’s just my TYPE and i haven’t met anyone like that yet. I’ve got lots of friends, I’ve been on dates with different guys to try and move on ( with people similar) but they’re just not the same. I go out a lot at uni and have fun- but I think about this person every single bloody day. I’m sick of it now. I don’t even see them around campus. I have them on one social media platform and we never talk unless I send a drunk Snapchat. It’s obvious he’s not into me- he’s told me. Yet I still want validation from him???
I would suggest removing him from social media as I recently had a similar experience and the constant reminder of seeing him on my feed was rather destructive. Secondly, I think you should try and build your confidence up and understand that you are so valuable without him and there will be other people that will value you. Whether you do this through taking some time for self reflection and seeing you are good at things, pushing yourself to become better- using the hurt to drive you, or you spend time with loved ones and meet new people. Just because you met one person who wasn't looking for someone like you at that time in their lives doesn't mean there isn't anyone out there that is.

Indulge yourself in self care and activities you enjoy that can take your mind off of him. Best of luck and I hope you can get over him, it won't be easy but you can do it xx
Reply 2
Original post by roseabates
I would suggest removing him from social media as I recently had a similar experience and the constant reminder of seeing him on my feed was rather destructive. Secondly, I think you should try and build your confidence up and understand that you are so valuable without him and there will be other people that will value you. Whether you do this through taking some time for self reflection and seeing you are good at things, pushing yourself to become better- using the hurt to drive you, or you spend time with loved ones and meet new people. Just because you met one person who wasn't looking for someone like you at that time in their lives doesn't mean there isn't anyone out there that is.

Indulge yourself in self care and activities you enjoy that can take your mind off of him. Best of luck and I hope you can get over him, it won't be easy but you can do it xx

You are so right. Sorry to hear you’ve been through a similar situation. I’m defo going to get the hurt to drive me and get my degree! Thank you so much xx
Original post by Anonymous
You are so right. Sorry to hear you’ve been through a similar situation. I’m defo going to get the hurt to drive me and get my degree! Thank you so much xx

No problem and good luck ; )
Occupy yourself with activities and hobbies to fill your time, you can totally do it! Prioritise things in your life, and things should fall into place. Good luck x
Ill get back to you when I've figured it out myself hun x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending