The Student Room Group

Who doesn't like online dating?

I'm a guy not that successful with online dating. I don't know where I'm going wrong lol - maybe wrong dating app or not good enough pics, bio, etc.
How can I improve?

I tend to lose interest and can't be bothered with the online dating stuff after a while.
Are there any people who don't like online dating and prefer to find dates outside it?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I'm a guy not that successful with online dating. I don't know where I'm going wrong lol - maybe wrong dating app or not good enough pics, bio, etc.
How can I improve?

I tend to lose interest and can't be bothered with the online dating stuff after a while.
Are there any people who don't like online dating and prefer to find dates outside it?

Online dating works for some people. You have to find something else that works for you.
Reply 2
Original post by mgi
Online dating works for some people. You have to find something else that works for you.

How?
Reply 3
How?

Meeting people in real life such as joining clubs or attending meetups.

Online dating is only really effective if you're attractive or a girl.
Reply 4
How can I improve?

There are two simple rules for online dating:

1. Be attractive
2. Don't be unattractive

Basically everyone else in the world. So, not too many :rolleyes:
Online dating worked for me; I’ve now been with my girlfriend a year
It has proven to be a near complete waste of time for me. I say near because I had one interesting conversation on it. One. I never got to meet up with anyone or anything. I'm just not good enough looking for it.

edit: Shout out to Georgia from Norwich who shared with me that one decent conversation.
(edited 4 years ago)
Find someone IRL, hun.
Reply 8
Original post by UWS
Meeting people in real life such as joining clubs or attending meetups.

Online dating is only really effective if you're attractive or a girl.

Seems like so much effort just to find a girl. It surely can't be right to join a club or attend meetups you don't want to do, just to find someone?
Congrats.
I tried online dating and it is a complete waste of time .

It is full of bots and fake profiles .

Don't waste your time on it
Seems like so much effort just to find a girl. It surely can't be right to join a club or attend meetups you don't want to do, just to find someone?

How do you think 99% of the earth managed it?
Original post by Drewski

I dunno, I was hoping it would happen when I least expect it as they always say. But maybe I'm wrong.
Original post by awkwardshortguy
It has proven to be a near complete waste of time for me. I say near because I had one interesting conversation on it. One. I never got to meet up with anyone or anything. I'm just not good enough looking for it.

edit: Shout out to Georgia from Norwich who shared with me that one decent conversation.

So what's your plan now?
I dunno, I was hoping it would happen when I least expect it as they always say. But maybe I'm wrong.

But you don't least expect it. You're waiting for it.
Original post by Drewski
But you don't least expect it. You're waiting for it.

Is it still hopeful if I wait?
So what's your plan now?

Hope Georgia from Norwich sees my post.
Original post by awkwardshortguy
Hope Georgia from Norwich sees my post.

Lol!
Also I think your avatar is awesome.
Original post by Drewski

Most guys to ever get pussy did so before online dating came along and massively inflated women's egos and standards.
Lol!
Also I think your avatar is awesome.

Thanks man
I’ve used Tinder for a couple months now and haven’t been successful lol. I’ve met one person so far (however it wasn’t planned - we were both at the same club and bumped into each other). Most conversations don’t last long which sucks. Also I get quite a lot of matches (not trying to brag) but only 10% of them actually make effort to chat to me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending