The Student Room Group

Not allowed to leave A&E, they want to pump my stomach out!

On the way home from my girlfriend's house I was hit around the head by someone who had long gone by the time I took in what had happened.

It left me with quite a lump on my head but no bleeding and I was lucky enough to be a short walk away from an A&E department. I'm NOT under the influence of ANY drugs or alcohol but after having been checked over in a booth, I was told that they suspect I haven't been attacked at all and that the injury was self inflicted because I'm under the influence of drugs or alcohol and that it's my dilated pupils that make them think that.

They wouldn't believe me when I said my eyes are always like that and said that as a precaution they wish to pump my stomach of it's contents and keep me in overnight to rid me of any toxins.

I politely refused saying ill be fine, and stood blocking my way was one of the nurses and a security guard who both said the longer I refuse, the longer I'll be stuck in the hospital, I'm not permitted to leave until they carry out the stomach pumping.

I have no mental health issues or disability they could detain me because of and I'm 23 years old.

I'm typing this on my phone whilst at the toilet and they are of course waiting for me to ensure I don't make a run for it.

Has anybody here got any tips on how to escape ie by causing a distraction as the thought of having my stomach pumped especially unnecessarily when I've taken nothing toxic is freaking me out?

And if I successfully make an escape, can they chase and capture me beyond the hospital grounds and force me back in and forcibly pump out my stomach or would they report me to the police and have them force me back to the hospital?

And if the police get involved and try and force me back, what are my chances of convincing them I'm in fact OK?
Say you’ll be contacting the police, they cannot detain you against your will. Even offer to take a drug or alcohol test? hope you’re okay
Reply 2
Original post by Caitdav246
Say you’ll be contacting the police, they cannot detain you against your will. Even offer to take a drug or alcohol test? hope you’re okay

I offered to take a test to avoid the pump out by they said it's the only way, a mere test isn't viable.
They can't legally hold you against your will, just walk out.

Or call the police now
Original post by PentanoticP
I offered to take a test to avoid the pump out by they said it's the only way, a mere test isn't viable.

This is the problem with statistical medicine
Reply 5
Proceed to go into the room with them and say you realise what they are say is for the best but don't admit to drugs ( because of the police) then go along with them even be friendly tell them fake stories to gain their trust as soon as there are less people in the room preferably the nurse escape but while you escape don't immediately run out for the front door by that time they will be able to get you easily because you are in plain sight sneak out. They also can't keep you against your will say u will call the police. Or call them now

When I was in hospital for a while I managed to see the downsides of evidence based and statistical medicine

Phone the police or walk out, they absolutely cannot keep you there. Report it also
I think you're being v selfish, medicine needs corpses.
this happens in hospitals in the uk?
terrifying. call the police.
i don't believe they can't even do a urine sample for drugs testing before putting you through all that.
stay safe!
(edited 4 years ago)
On the way home from my girlfriend's house I was hit around the head by someone who had long gone by the time I took in what had happened.

It left me with quite a lump on my head but no bleeding and I was lucky enough to be a short walk away from an A&E department. I'm NOT under the influence of ANY drugs or alcohol but after having been checked over in a booth, I was told that they suspect I haven't been attacked at all and that the injury was self inflicted because I'm under the influence of drugs or alcohol and that it's my dilated pupils that make them think that.

They wouldn't believe me when I said my eyes are always like that and said that as a precaution they wish to pump my stomach of it's contents and keep me in overnight to rid me of any toxins.

I politely refused saying ill be fine, and stood blocking my way was one of the nurses and a security guard who both said the longer I refuse, the longer I'll be stuck in the hospital, I'm not permitted to leave until they carry out the stomach pumping.

I have no mental health issues or disability they could detain me because of and I'm 23 years old.

I'm typing this on my phone whilst at the toilet and they are of course waiting for me to ensure I don't make a run for it.

Has anybody here got any tips on how to escape ie by causing a distraction as the thought of having my stomach pumped especially unnecessarily when I've taken nothing toxic is freaking me out?

And if I successfully make an escape, can they chase and capture me beyond the hospital grounds and force me back in and forcibly pump out my stomach or would they report me to the police and have them force me back to the hospital?

And if the police get involved and try and force me back, what are my chances of convincing them I'm in fact OK?

Allow them to do it. Complain loudly and clearly....
After they pump you ..call the police and complain of being violated. .I'd use the opportunity to sue and get money

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending