The Student Room Group

Physiotherapy w/ unrelated degree but tons of exp : pre reg or Undergrad?

Hi all, now I am a mature student (29). I studied law and graduated with a good 2:1 but moved away from that field with my work I’ve studied human biology with the open university, as well as psychology giving me extra credits within these disciplines. I work as a a qualified massage therapist and yoga teacher in my local community for almost four years. All of my work has been hands on with private clients and providing movement medicines. I applied to Loughborough uni and was accepted onto their MSc program for exercise medicine but it is way too theory based and it showed me I wanted to be hands on working client to client as a physiotherapist.

Well after that mouth full do you think I am eligible for pre reg? Or should I go for the undergraduate program? Thanks for all advice.
Hi, I have a BSc (hons) in Human Biology with Psychology and Sociology (2:1). I am also a mature student (23) going to do a MSc (pre-reg) Physiotherapy degree at Glasgow Caledonian University. I definitely think the MSc (pre-reg) course is worth pursuing if you already have a relevant academic background in human biology. There’s no harm in applying for both but I’d prioritise the postgraduate courses since it’s only around two years of study versus four for the undergraduate degree and you seem to have a wealth of experience behind you which should help with your postgraduate studies. I wish you all the best in your future academic success whichever option you decide :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest