The Student Room Group

Changing university course in December?

Does anyone know if it's possible to change course in December? I'm in my first year and am currently doing Journalism and Media however I'm really not enjoying it and want to change to Art but I'm not sure if it's possible so late in the year. I'm going to speak to my tutor on monday but just wanted some advice/other peoples experiences beforehand
Original post by emilyb219
Does anyone know if it's possible to change course in December? I'm in my first year and am currently doing Journalism and Media however I'm really not enjoying it and want to change to Art but I'm not sure if it's possible so late in the year. I'm going to speak to my tutor on monday but just wanted some advice/other peoples experiences beforehand

Unless the course you want to change to has a January start option, then very unlikely. They'll probably advise you to stay on your current course until September.
Same, I made a massive mistake picking Accounting and Finance. I hate it. Do I have to finish the year and apply for something else next year? Or can I still change right now?
Original post by emilyb219

Hi!

I would definitely get in touch with your department leaders or personal tutors because I would certainly say they would advise you to remain on the Journalism course until the end of the year. Also have a look on the UCAS website for things to consider before changing courses.

My advice would be don't be too disheartened if you aren't allowed to change courses, you have to appreciate that at this point in the academic year you have already covered so much content that wouldn't necessarily coincide with an Art degree.

Hope this helps!

Robyn :rave:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending