The Student Room Group

Guy I'm dating sending mixed signals and I need to vent

Hi,

So I (female) have been dating a guy for nearly three months now, have known him for around four, we met through work and we still work together. I have never had such mixed feelings about someone before and it's honestly becoming emotionally draining lol. One minute it seems like we're fine and the next I get the feeling that he is not interested, so I pretty much get prepared for the split and then we're fine again and it's an exhausting cycle really. After a conversation we had after the first date I got the impression that he wanted to go way too fast too soon, so I respectfully ended it over text. A week or so later he asked if we could meet up to talk, and we basically agreed to take it slow and see what happens since he wanted to have a shot at a more long-term thing with me. We are both really busy and have limited transport so we basically see each other when we can (he was aware that this would be the situation for a while.) We used to talk all the time and he seemed really happy and interested in me, however lately it feels like he is too busy to talk and when he does his mind is somewhere else, even though he initiates most conversations? We never have a "proper" conversation anymore, just talk about random things over text, and since he rarely asks me anything about myself it's hard to have a conversation that is so one sided. I feel like I've basically lost all the trust I built up with him as it takes me a long time to fully trust people and get comfortable with them anyway. One minute he is asking me on a date and telling me he misses me, the next it barely feels like he wants to talk to me? Sometimes I feel like I'm overthinking it, but I have done the long distance thing before and was really happy and secure with them. Why doesn't he just say if he's not interested anymore? Any advice appreciated :')
Tell him how you feel sis tbh cause he might not realize whats troubling you until you tell him
Move on. He’s either playing games or he’s just not reliable and you deserve better. Never chase after people because the right relationship won’t be such a struggle.
Reply 3
Original post by ساره
Tell him how you feel sis tbh cause he might not realize whats troubling you until you tell him

Original post by YaliaV
Move on. He’s either playing games or he’s just not reliable and you deserve better. Never chase after people because the right relationship won’t be such a struggle.

I took both of your advice and approached him about it last night, and decided to end it this morning. He basically doesn’t know what he wants and doesn’t have time for me anyway. It feels like such a relief to be free of this tbh. Thanks guys!
Original post by Anonymous
I took both of your advice and approached him about it last night, and decided to end it this morning. He basically doesn’t know what he wants and doesn’t have time for me anyway. It feels like such a relief to be free of this tbh. Thanks guys!

Well done 😊
tell him a reality!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending