The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
personally, if he can make me laugh, hold a serious discussion, aspire to certain goals (and have a plan to achieve said goals), have a certain level of intelligence and likes being sociable, then he's perfect.
Reply 21
dani2511
personally, if he can make me laugh, hold a serious discussion, aspire to certain goals (and have a plan to achieve said goals), have a certain level of intelligence and likes being sociable, then he's perfect.

Pretty much, sounds like a good combination..along with humour and dashing looks :cool:
Reply 22
StotheL
Pretty much, sounds like a good combination..along with humour and dashing looks :cool:

hence the 'making me laugh' part lol.
Reply 23
dani2511
hence the 'making me laugh' part lol.

Haha, my apologies I clearly didn't take in that part!
Reply 24
I usually go for looks in girls, rather than personality, call me shallow if you will but im not looking for any serious relationships, I just like hanging around with my mates too much.

However, its like what that psychologist said, whatever an attractive person says or does will generally be perceived as attractive as well, so attractive people are at an advantage, bastards.
Reply 25
See, a lot of you girls are saying the same things: that looks aren't all that important. And yet, in my experience, it's usually women in their mid-20's, i.e. women who've already been with pretty-boys and found out that, looks apart, there's not much substance there, that decide to go for those who might not be much outside but plenty inside. Until then... well, for the most part, I have a feeling that most girls would rather live the dream first, before recognising the reality :frown:.

To the OP: you shouldn't be anything other than yourself, for a start. If this girl you like responds to you when you're "being yourself", to quote the cliché, then great - you'll know how to proceed from there. If she doesn't... then, well, you shouldn't beat yourself up, either. It could just be a compatibility issue. Just carry on being patient, I guess!
dani2511

why does he need goals? what if he already has everything?
Reply 27
Demon_AS
See, a lot of you girls are saying the same things: that looks aren't all that important. And yet, in my experience, it's usually women in their mid-20's, i.e. women who've already been with pretty-boys and found out that, looks apart, there's not much substance there, that decide to go for those who might not be much outside but plenty inside. Until then... well, for the most part, I have a feeling that most girls would rather live the dream first, before recognising the reality :frown:.

I agree with that!
I'd say that it's physical attraction and personality all at the same time for me. I've had boyfriends that are not good looking at all but I have been IMMENSELY attracted to them before even speaking to them, I don't know what it is, just some sort of immediate connection, like I know I'd get on with this guy. So it's not their looks but their personality that creates the physical attraction.... don't know if that makes any sense whatsoever but I know what I mean :biggrin:

Plus I like ambition, a sense of wanting something and actually taking all the steps to get it, kindness, openess, similar sense of humour to me, unending patience with me ridiculousness, and ultimately, he has to absolutely worship the ground I walk on.... thats hot :biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 29
FrancisM89
I agree with that!
I imagine most guys would, lol :five:.
Reply 30
Demon_AS

FrancisM89
I agree with that!

Hmm, true. Unless you find a girl that has already had her fair share of *******s and can't be bothered with that sort of lark anymore.
Reply 31
Demon_AS
See, a lot of you girls are complete and utter liars, trying to convince everyone, perhaps yourselves included, that you're not at all shallow.

Yep, that's what I was thinking! :yep:
I know I'm a straight guy but personalityy!!! I'm really really against caring about looks at all :biggrin:
Reply 33
Calumcalum
I know I'm a straight guy but personalityy!!! I'm really really against caring about looks at all :biggrin:

What if she looks like a man though? It's a tough choice between principles and orientation :beard:
Reply 34
HCD
Yep, that's what I was thinking! :yep:
My way was much more diplomatic and less likely to get me negged by every woman who reads that lol.

But, essentially, I suppose that was my point.
Reply 35
it's definetely persoanlity>looks for me :smile:
Reply 36
hobo06
A slight twist to the OPs question (don't mean to hijack the thread, it's still on topic).
To the girls that say physical attraction first, and the personality once they get to know them: let's say you have been talking to a guy over the internet, so you have never seen him. You seem to get on great and you have so much common. So you plan to meet up with this guy for a drink or whatever. Would you be disapointed if he didn't turn out to be the tall, handsome man you might have imagined? Would you be put be off by his looks?

i bet if the guy was 40 odd they'd be abit gutted..... :p:
I think personality is so much more of an attractive quality than looks.
hobo06
A slight twist to the OPs question (don't mean to hijack the thread, it's still on topic).
To the girls that say physical attraction first, and the personality once they get to know them: let's say you have been talking to a guy over the internet, so you have never seen him. You seem to get on great and you have so much common. So you plan to meet up with this guy for a drink or whatever. Would you be disapointed if he didn't turn out to be the tall, handsome man you might have imagined? Would you be put be off by his looks?

Ask for a picture. And not one of those crappy "must take a photo for facebook" pictures, either.

Problem solved.
Personality becayuse there's this guy at work who i get on with but i've never fancied a blonde kid before and now people think i fancy him just because our personalities click.

Latest

Trending

Trending