The Student Room Group

Paramedic Science Courses Scotland Universities

Scroll to see replies

Is this the first year that Stirling are running the paramedic science course? And does anyone know if we have to stay in John Fortys with the nursing students due to having placements throughout the year?
Reply 221
Hey, have you had your interview for RGU yet? Mines is this week and im so scared
UWS applicants who have already sat their interviews - I have an interview next week and have to do the online numeracy and literacy tests first. Little bit nervous about them as I've never had to do one before - can anyone tell me if they are quite difficult? What sort of format they are etc? Thanks :smile:
Original post by kmon9090
UWS applicants who have already sat their interviews - I have an interview next week and have to do the online numeracy and literacy tests first. Little bit nervous about them as I've never had to do one before - can anyone tell me if they are quite difficult? What sort of format they are etc? Thanks :smile:

you have 20 minutes to complete it and it's like drug calculations - the questions are easy enough just read them twice and don't panic!!!
Original post by aronofskygal
you have 20 minutes to complete it and it's like drug calculations - the questions are easy enough just read them twice and don't panic!!!

Thanks you! I tried looking up practice tests but this is obviously too specific to find practice tests online!
Original post by Caitl1n22
Is this the first year that Stirling are running the paramedic science course? And does anyone know if we have to stay in John Fortys with the nursing students due to having placements throughout the year?

I enquired about this, and yes you do have to stay in John Fortys
Just wondering if anyone has heard back from any other uni saying if their course is going to be delayed or if the first few months will be online? I'm still waiting for a proper update from Stirling.
Thanks!
Original post by Lizziene10
Just wondering if anyone has heard back from any other uni saying if their course is going to be delayed or if the first few months will be online? I'm still waiting for a proper update from Stirling.
Thanks!

I'm still waiting to hear from Stirling aswell. I emailed them and they said it would be blended learning, but that's it! Have you heard anything yet?
Hi Everyone, hope you are all doing well.
I've recently accepted a place at UWS to study Paramedic Science and Im super excited to get started. Ive not heard anything from the uni yet in terms of if they expect it to be remote/video lectures etc to begin with due to covid. Does anybody know? Also, my letter said my place was subject to obtaining the PVG check - i thought i might have heard from the uni about getting this done but nothing as yet. Does anyone have any info about this? TIA!
Original post by NM4RT1N
Hi Everyone, hope you are all doing well.
I've recently accepted a place at UWS to study Paramedic Science and Im super excited to get started. Ive not heard anything from the uni yet in terms of if they expect it to be remote/video lectures etc to begin with due to covid. Does anybody know? Also, my letter said my place was subject to obtaining the PVG check - i thought i might have heard from the uni about getting this done but nothing as yet. Does anyone have any info about this? TIA!

We have a group chat on FB if you'd like to join?
For those of you looking for 2021 entry:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6767022

Quick Reply

Latest