The Student Room Group

Physics/Astrophysics Universities?

I'm currently in year 12 and unsure about what universities I should apply to to do physics, astrophysics or maybe theoretical physics.
After quite a bit of research I've found the courses at Oxford, Birmingham, Durham and Lancaster to be most to my liking, but I'm concerned I might not reach the entry requirements for some of the courses that are A*/A*/A or higher.
I'm doing 4 A levels: Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Computer Science. Im confident I can get an A* in maths and probably computer science too, an A in further maths, and I'm unsure about physics (definitely A/A* though). My GCSE grades were good too (6 grade 9s, 2 grade 8s and A in further maths).
I'd appreciate if anyone doing a course like this could tell me how likely it is I could still get into one of these universities if I end up with A*/A/A/A? I heard Oxford offers are more focused on GCSE grades than AS. Also I wondered if doing 4 a levels changes the way they choose to give an offer or not, if they are more lenient or just consider the 3 most relevant grades for the course?
It depends which universities you look at, but they say on their websites what they look at
I think with the new system doing 4 A -levels is almost weighed equally to doing 3, but I'm not sure.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending