The Student Room Group

Bf problems

I've been convinced he doesn't love me for months. So last monday he took 5 hours to reply to something that was quite important, that had caused me to be quite upset. He offered basically no support when he did eventually reply, very cold, didn't explain the delay. I told him I felt let down and that this proves he doesn't care, and it hurts me so much to love someone who pretends to love me, and that I feel really low.
I went off my phone for 4 days, my insomnia improved, then we spoke a bit the next 2 days.
I went off my phone again for 3 days (he had 2 exams anyway)
Btw he is a very sociable and happy person with lots of friends so my absence wouldn't have bothered him.
Today I come back, now he has finished his exams and has nothing to do, and asked how he was, how his exams went, when are we meeting, that I missed him and couldn't wait to see him. He replies very briefly to my questions with a couple of words. He doesn't ask how I am, how my sleep has been, how my doctors appointment went, anything, just closed the conversation. This has upset me a lot.
Like wtf is wrong with him? What can I do? I'm honest about when he upsets me etc, he knows. If he doesn't love me or even want to talk to me then why doesn't he just ****ing dump me? He wanted this relationship, and it just hurts me so much.
If you're hoping that he's going to dump you, and the whole thing is not making you happy in the slightest, then just get rid of him! His loss, not yours! There are plenty of people out there who will genuinely care about you once they get to know you.
Original post by Anonymous
I've been convinced he doesn't love me for months. So last monday he took 5 hours to reply to something that was quite important, that had caused me to be quite upset. He offered basically no support when he did eventually reply, very cold, didn't explain the delay. I told him I felt let down and that this proves he doesn't care, and it hurts me so much to love someone who pretends to love me, and that I feel really low.
I went off my phone for 4 days, my insomnia improved, then we spoke a bit the next 2 days.
I went off my phone again for 3 days (he had 2 exams anyway)
Btw he is a very sociable and happy person with lots of friends so my absence wouldn't have bothered him.
Today I come back, now he has finished his exams and has nothing to do, and asked how he was, how his exams went, when are we meeting, that I missed him and couldn't wait to see him. He replies very briefly to my questions with a couple of words. He doesn't ask how I am, how my sleep has been, how my doctors appointment went, anything, just closed the conversation. This has upset me a lot.
Like wtf is wrong with him? What can I do? I'm honest about when he upsets me etc, he knows. If he doesn't love me or even want to talk to me then why doesn't he just ****ing dump me? He wanted this relationship, and it just hurts me so much.

talk to him instead of on here ffs😂 that’s the only way ur gonna sort things out🤷🏻*♂️ maybe it’s just you being overly insecure about him not loving you like you do him. Just talk to him about it and if you can’t then it ain’t gonna last ye
Reply 3
Obviously he’s acting shady. If that was me I’d stop contacting him and wait for him to make the first move and do the chasing. Woman should never chase a man
I'm so sorry to here about this.However, maybe he's dealing with a lot and doesn't know how to talk about it, he probably still loves you. It seems like you guys should try discuss your issues because communication is key. If he doesn't want to speak to you at all then it seems like he geniunely doesnt't care (which i hope isn't the case). But you have to realise everyone has issues which they don't tell anyone (PLS KEEP US UPDATED)
Original post by K_r243
Obviously he’s acting shady. If that was me I’d stop contacting him and wait for him to make the first move and do the chasing. Woman should never chase a man

so moist bruh this is why relationships fail
This isn't going to be the answer you want to hear. You're welcome to simply not read it.

You're being over-bearing. If he hadn't see your message yet then he couldn't have known it was important. If you want to discuss certain things then it is your responsibility to bring that up in conversation. You can't expect this boy to read your mind. It sounds to me like this distance is caused by you being too much of a burden / being insecure. Being accused of pretending to love you and blamed for you feeling low are things that will be driving him away.

You need to work through your insecurities. This is something only you can do; he can't do it for you. If I were you I would end the relationship and take time to improve your mental health because this relationship clearly isn't having a positive impact on it.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by sinfonietta
This isn't going to be the answer you want to hear. You're welcome to simply not read it.

You're being over-bearing. If he hadn't see your message yet then he couldn't have known it was important. If you want to discuss certain things then it is your responsibility to bring that up in conversation. You can't expect this boy to read your mind. It sounds to me like this distance is caused by you being too much of a burden / being insecure. Being accused of pretending to love you and blamed for you feeling low are things that will be driving him away.

You need to work through your insecurities. This is something only you can do; he can't do it for you. If I were you I would end the relationship and take time to improve your mental health because this relationship clearly isn't having a positive impact on it.

legend

true tea sis
Reply 9
talk to him instead of on here ffs😂 that’s the only way ur gonna sort things out🤷🏻*♂️ maybe it’s just you being overly insecure about him not loving you like you do him. Just talk to him about it and if you can’t then it ain’t gonna last ye

This is a good point, I will talk to him when I see him, messaging him rn is like talking to a brick wall, he literally just said 'if you wanted to talk today you should have told me' - okay I have to make appointments to talk to my bf now
This is a good point, I will talk to him when I see him, messaging him rn is like talking to a brick wall, he literally just said 'if you wanted to talk today you should have told me' - okay I have to make appointments to talk to my bf now

Sounds like he's emotionally checked out.

He is one of those people who always likes to be there for everyone bc he's such a nice guy, he has his phone with him 24/7 and on vibrate, with me he answers to people immediately even if it's only slightly important. It was about my Mum having to go to hospital (we're super close) so I was upset.

At the start of the relationship it was really clear he liked me and so I trusted him. Suddenly he changed, became a lot more distant, had little interest in me, started ignoring my messages etc and so I've tried to give him the space he wants and not be a burden, but his inconsistency makes it so hard to believe he loves me. With problems, I would bring them up, we'd argue and apologise etc but then he'd continue (and probably me) to be the same.

However, I agree, I've become a gf I never wanted to be, ik it's pushing him away, but I just can't help it :/ before the relationship I was happy, feeling confident and secure about myself and now I don't, I'm not suited to a relationship. Sorry this reply is overly long!
Original post by K_r243

Yeah I'm concerned there is another woman, I will refrain from sending angry messages and peace out
Original post by Elon Musk14
I'm so sorry to here about this.However, maybe he's dealing with a lot and doesn't know how to talk about it, he probably still loves you. It seems like you guys should try discuss your issues because communication is key. If he doesn't want to speak to you at all then it seems like he geniunely doesnt't care (which i hope isn't the case). But you have to realise everyone has issues which they don't tell anyone (PLS KEEP US UPDATED)

Thank you :smile: I guess I will have to wait and see what happens... it's just hard to know when someone is doing one thing, saying another, and you're miles apart, and I'm probably being ott too. Communication is so important - I'm probably too honest and open to compensate for his lack of honesty / being closed up

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending