The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

where is my tag?

I bet you called me a trashy man. I just know it.

For everyone's information, men are the Lord's gift and not a single flaw can be found in them.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by feeler3511
I'm certain that nothing that I say will convince you and you've very well reasoned to yourself why you behave like this.
I still think that you're hurting yourself but if you say that's how you wish to live who am I?
But I do not think that the vast majority of people would live better following what you say.
I'll take your word that you're not selfish.
But I still disagree that simply waving off any meaningful intimacy as a childish fantasy is a healthy thing to do.
I sincerely hope you will be content with your choices.

You're very entitled to disagree and live how you wish. I don't look to change your mind. There are people who do change their mindset to mine after talking to me, usually the ones who feel more lost and despondant in regards to their outlook on relationsbips with others.
In that sense, I'm happy to give them more of a grounded outlook and l more of a clearer look on life. Thinking how I do relieves a great deal of distress and I know I'm happier now than I was before I came to my realisation.
Original post by Dunnig Kruger
You have a very different basic life philosophy to me.

If it works well for you, that's fine.

However, picking up on a few things you said.
You said "The more you reveal about yourself to a partner or friend, the more you leave yourself open to attack. The more vulnerable you make yourself the higher chance you are to be trampled on."
That's not my style. I am very honest and open with my close friends and especially my girlfriend. I have no taboo subject. I will start talking about intimate (for example sexual things) that they normally wouldn't start talking about.
I can't see how being open and honest about everything can leave me vulnerable to attack? There is nothing that I can think of that I could say about myself to my close friends that would leave me open to attack from them.

Please give me a concrete example of how some revelation has left someone open to attack and I'll tell you how I'd react in the same situation. Chances are the "attack" would be water off a ducks back for me. Or I'd turn it round and say "The problem isn't with me, it's with you for attacking me. You're just being intolerant."

The main reason for a large proportion of marriages being relatively unhappy is because of one or more incompatabilities in one of the 6 or so core areas where a couple needs to be compatible in order to be happy. 2 of these include attitude to money and sexual compatability. In so many unhappy marriages you have 2 people that are basicly nice enough human beings, but there is some underlying incompatability that is causing the unhappiness.

The expression about having your heart broken is a cliche. The best prevention or cure for a broken heart is maintaining a high self esteem and the expectation that good things will happen in the future. Because when one romantic relationship ends - for whatever reason - you have a good cry about it for a couple of days, then pick yourself up and start the hunt for the next romantic partner.

I have no fear about having my heart broken. I have no fear about being very honest and fully open with the people that are close to me.

You have a complete different mindset to me and so I feel like nothing I say could help you to understand my outlook. For example, your advice on dealing with a broken heart is not something I've seen many people do. Mope for a few days only and move on? I've seen many people distraught for months and months. And I recently heard of a friend of an acquaintance take his life after a break up. Obviously that is more on the extreme end of things but it does happen. It isn't always a case of picking yourself up after crying for a few days. Not for some people. In that sense, never loving anyone is 100% better than having a broken heart.

Being open and honest does leave you open for attack. Completely. A few examples on the kinds of things that leave you open to attack:
-disclosing secrets
-revealing things that make you self conscious.
-showing your weaknesses.
-telling people how you feel about them, such as if you had a crush on someone or, god forbid, had deeper feelings.
-being angry also. That's something people don't realise but being angry in front of people gives them an insight as to how to upset you in future.

So there are a few examples of how one could leave the self open and vulnerable to attack.
I understand now, you mentioned how you're much happier now than before your change of mindset.
Well listen here little baby. You're gonna get a lot of hurtful and degrading comments, but that ain't what I'm about. Let me just say, you are perfect the way you are. You hear me sugar? PERFECT. Don't ever change. You deserve anything and everything you want. Stay safe for me, baby girl. >mfw thinking of you hurting

I will make you my wife.
Isn't that just something that dads say so that their daughters don't hang out with boys? classic scare mongering
Original post by Capitalist_Lamb
Lol. Just because your a man doesn't mean you speak for all of them. I'll correct you;

"I'm a man and I'm trash"

There you go

Is that your confession because I am afraid it doesn't apply to this God of a man.

, you can pay me for this flattery by getting me my next offer. Thanks xx

Anon because #Shy
'Women are trash' True or not? All women, some women, few women?

'Humans are trash' True or not? All humans, some humans, few humans?

Way to generalise more than 3.5 billion people :smile:
I’m so sorry you’ve had to deal with this. I’m a man and it actually saddens me that so many men do seem to be trash to be honest. We aren’t all like that, and there are some very good guys out there so if you find one try to keep them close!
Original post by Anonymous
Is that your confession because I am afraid it doesn't apply to this God of a man.

@J Papi, you can pay me for this flattery by getting me my next offer. Thanks xx

Anon because #Shy

Lol. trying to insult me but is too scared to not post anon. Obviously I was making a satirical approach to this mans comment by correcting him on his comment on behalf of men to comment for himself because he is himself.

Also, don't be afraid to post. I don't care for insults I can take them but I hate when people post anon as it makes me think that they don't feel confident in themselves. Why be scared to be yourself, you should never be afraid to be you. I hope you get more confidence in yourself as it really helps.
men are garbage then? as that’s more British
Original post by feeler3511
I understand now, you mentioned how you're much happier now than before your change of mindset.
Well listen here little baby. You're gonna get a lot of hurtful and degrading comments, but that ain't what I'm about. Let me just say, you are perfect the way you are. You hear me sugar? PERFECT. Don't ever change. You deserve anything and everything you want. Stay safe for me, baby girl. >mfw thinking of you hurting

I will make you my wife.

Well that took a strange turn but I'm happy that you can finally understand my way of thinking, however, I think you are mistaken in saying I'm hurting, I'm not, not at all. I think people are quite entitled to say what they wish, I know my views stir negative feelings in a lot of people and that's OK. I don't take those negative comments personally as people will always hate and fear things that they feel will shake their beliefs.

I'm unable to see the attached image there.
Lol. trying to insult me but is too scared to not post anon. Obviously I was making a satirical approach to this mans comment by correcting him on his comment on behalf of men to comment for himself because he is himself.

Also, don't be afraid to post. I don't care for insults I can take them but I hate when people post anon as it makes me think that they don't feel confident in themselves. Why be scared to be yourself, you should never be afraid to be you. I hope you get more confidence in yourself as it really helps.

I honestly tremble in fear at the mere thought of insulting someone on TSR with my username, ah, the horror.

I was joking too, obviously I don't know if you are trash. Are you? Probably not. :smile::smile::smile:

You should become a shrink, I already feel as if I could conquer all my fears with that speech. May Allah, Jesus and Gandhi all bless you, my dear man. :smile::smile::smile: #myRoleModel
#ExposingMyselfForYou
I don't know about all men but personally it's safer not to get too close to them emotionally. Most will cheat eventually anyway.
Original post by NotInTheMood!
I honestly tremble in fear at the mere thought of insulting someone on TSR with my username, ah, the horror.

I was joking too, obviously I don't know if you are trash. Are you? Probably not. :smile::smile::smile:

You should become a shrink, I already feel as if I could conquer all my fears with that speech. May Allah, Jesus and Gandhi all bless you, my dear man. :smile::smile::smile: #myRoleModel
#ExposingMyselfForYou

All these compliments but no rep - feels bad man
Original post by AHardDaysNight
I don't know about all men but personally it's safer not to get too close to them emotionally. Most will cheat eventually anyway.

That is just such ****
I feel like trashy people attract trashy people tbh
Original post by AHardDaysNight

I very much agree in terms of not getting emotionally close to anyone. It is good to see someone else with a good clear way of looking at everything.
All these compliments but no rep - feels bad man

What will you do with my rep? It's 3, or 4. Might be 2. Haven't checked.

It's valueless and you just reminded me of how worthless I am on TSR. Now you see why I post anonymously? Brb, off to cry buckets of tears.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
That is just such ****

Whatever you say :dontknow: it happens too many times to be worth the risk.
Shhh you don't have to maintain this facade of strength to me. Just entrust yourself to my strong arms, once you and I are joined you can tell me anything and I won't run off. My unconditional love for you will overcome any pain and cynicism you currently possess. I'm in peak physical condition and stand at 6'2, towering over any manlets that would wish to hurt you my tsundere sweet. You don't stir any negative feeling in me, in fact, quite the opposite.

I look forward to sending our children to Harvard.

Latest

Trending

Trending