The Student Room Group

applying to Scottish Art Schools - 2020

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jufi
I have, from Edinburgh Napier but not from Dundee :frown:

You got an offer for Interior & Spatial design at napier?
Original post by Jufi
From Edinburgh Napier yes but not Dundee... I’ve heard Dundee started replying with offers but they haven’t said anything to me yet.

Same with me but GSA, havent heard back from them yet and theyre my first choice so if i dont hear back or get rejected, I'll be going to napier
Reply 62
Original post by joonghong
You got an offer for Interior & Spatial design at napier?

Yeah I got the offer back in January. Have you?
Original post by Jufi
Yeah I got the offer back in January. Have you?

Yeah got mine in February
I received a conditional offer yesterday to study textile design at the University of dundee
Reply 65
Same with me but GSA, havent heard back from them yet and theyre my first choice so if i dont hear back or get rejected, I'll be going to napier

Yeah I have a friend who applied to GSA and she still hasn’t heard back. She’s not bothered as she has a place at Napier too. I’ve heard that Dundee is being really harsh this year tho
Reply 66
Original post by Veraberg
I received a conditional offer yesterday to study textile design at the University of dundee

That’s so good, congrats! Atleast it means they’re giving positive replies too!
Original post by Jufi
Yeah I have a friend who applied to GSA and she still hasn’t heard back. She’s not bothered as she has a place at Napier too. I’ve heard that Dundee is being really harsh this year tho

Yeah GSA sure is taking their sweet time, they told me two weeks and its been a month now, its getting frustrating because accomodations at Edinburgh are being sold out fast. And thank god i didnt apply to Dundee, i was going to at first
Original post by Jufi
That’s so good, congrats! Atleast it means they’re giving positive replies too!

Thanks. Yes, they do. I heard from someone in DJCAD 2020 that he got unconditional for general foundation. I haven't heard back from general foundation though.
Reply 69
Yeah GSA sure is taking their sweet time, they told me two weeks and its been a month now, its getting frustrating because accomodations at Edinburgh are being sold out fast. And thank god i didnt apply to Dundee, i was going to at first

Yeah, Same with my friend it’s been a month now :frown:( if Dundee dont give me an offer I’ll be going to Napier... I’m just waiting for their response to get SAAS and accommodation for 1st year
Reply 70
Original post by Veraberg
Thanks. Yes, they do. I heard from someone in DJCAD 2020 that he got unconditional for general foundation. I haven't heard back from general foundation though.

That’s amazing! Thanks for the news! I’ll just be waiting hopefully they’ll respond in the next few days...
Original post by Jufi
Yeah, Same with my friend it’s been a month now :frown:( if Dundee dont give me an offer I’ll be going to Napier... I’m just waiting for their response to get SAAS and accommodation for 1st year

What are you planning to do for accomodation? Merchiston campus is so far away from like 90% of the accomodation places, and the ones for napier are so ugly i want to try getting an apartment instead because who wants to pay 200£ a week for a box sized room
i got a conditional offer from RGU for Fine Art, still waiting to hear from Dundee general foundation. Well done to everyone so far who has finally recieved an offer. GSA took ages getting back to me but was rejected from Painting and Printmaking and 3D modelling. I heard it is so hard to get an offer here anyway..
Reply 73
If i go to Dundee ill be staying in the belmont flats but for napier i was meant to do the same but if the flats sell out fast then i might get a flat with my friends who are going to Merchiston ://
Reply 74
Original post by annie2002
i got a conditional offer from RGU for Fine Art, still waiting to hear from Dundee general foundation. Well done to everyone so far who has finally recieved an offer. GSA took ages getting back to me but was rejected from Painting and Printamking and 3D modelling. I heard it is so hard to get ian offer here anyway..

Congrats on your offer! :smile:)
has anyone heard back from Interior Design??

yes I got an unconditional yesterday for GSA and have a conditional to ECA, so hopefully you should hear soon :smile: good luck
Reply 76
waiting on Dundee second year illustration and Edinburgh
Reply 77
Original post by Laurence cowie
yes I got an unconditional yesterday for GSA and have a conditional to ECA, so hopefully you should hear soon :smile: good luck

congrats
Reply 78
Just got an unconditional for Interior and Environmental design at Dundee. They’re giving out offers :smile:
Original post by Jufi
Just got an unconditional for Interior and Environmental design at Dundee. They’re giving out offers :smile:

Congratulations!!!

Quick Reply

Latest