The Student Room Group

Ucas application

Hi, I’m just wondering for when you choose your courses or choosing the ones you apply for, do they have to be related in anyway? I am really interested in Law, Criminology and computer science/cyber security however I just don’t know which one I foresee in the future. Mostly siding with the Law aspect. So will it be okay if I apply for all of these courses, I know you only get 5 and none are guaranteed just really stuck tbh! Will be writing my personal statement soon:smile:!

Really do not know what to choose. Either the law/crim route, or the computers route. Need help:frown:
(edited 4 years ago)
You only have 1 personal statement. That means you will (in general) need to apply for one subject. It will be very hard to convince a law admissions tutor that you are dedicated to studying law when half of your personal statement is on computer science. I think the logical route forward is for you to find out which of the courses you want to pursue, as you won't be able to submit your application for a while now. Its absolutely fine not to know what you want to do at this time in year 12, but if you want to apply to university then you will have had to have made a decision. Of course, some combined honours courses might work out for you, or you might be one of those people (a la Viola Helen) who successfully apply for a variety of similar courses, but the vast majority of people apply to 5 of the same course at 5 different universities.
Reply 2
Original post by king axolotl
You only have 1 personal statement. That means you will (in general) need to apply for one subject. It will be very hard to convince a law admissions tutor that you are dedicated to studying law when half of your personal statement is on computer science. I think the logical route forward is for you to find out which of the courses you want to pursue, as you won't be able to submit your application for a while now. Its absolutely fine not to know what you want to do at this time in year 12, but if you want to apply to university then you will have had to have made a decision. Of course, some combined honours courses might work out for you, or you might be one of those people (a la Viola Helen) who successfully apply for a variety of similar courses, but the vast majority of people apply to 5 of the same course at 5 different universities.

I know, this is why I am so stuck. Thank you for your words! Will take this into account!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending