The Student Room Group

2 years behind

I am currently repeating my first year of university. I have repeated a year of sixth form and am redoing my first year of uni. As a result, I feel very behind in comparison to my pears who are in 3rd year. I feel very behind in life and unsure of what to do next as many of my friends will be graduating this year. Is anyone else in a similar boat .
Original post by Anonymous
I am currently repeating my first year of university. I have repeated a year of sixth form and am redoing my first year of uni. As a result, I feel very behind in comparison to my pears who are in 3rd year. I feel very behind in life and unsure of what to do next as many of my friends will be graduating this year. Is anyone else in a similar boat .

You are making things more stressful for yourself by believing you are in some sort of race. What about people who leave school at 16 and return to education 20 years later? Are they meant to be stressed because they are supposedly 20 years behind?

Why are you repeating years?
Why are you failing exams?
Are you employing a strategy to make sure you have solved the problem?
The important thing is to finish well and not dwell on time you cant get back.
Be a lot less stressful.
Time is an illusion
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 3
How are you even repeating the first year of university? It's meant to be the easiest year and you're failing to keep up? You should honestly take some time to think about your future plans, because university is just not meant for you.

TBH your not really behind, your taking your own path... you think at 35 your going to care if you spent a little extra time taking the path you want to take? Better to do what you want then not resit and take a path for convenience (and later regret it).

What I will say your in first year and are already failing (and did so at A-level), perhaps you should after this year reflect on your studying techniques & habits because wether its new technique or find more time your current method probably could be improved...
I feel you but comparison is the thief of joy

I am 25.

I start an Access to HE course in September and then will go on to study my first degree at university in September 2021.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending