The Student Room Group

News of Caroline flack affecting anyone?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Anonymous
Is he your boyfriend?

He's me dad
Are you looking for an argument? I swear there are too many attention-seeking people on the internet, I should stay far away.

Enjoy your evening, Felicia x

Who's Felicia?
Original post by AnonymousNoMore
You said that the other person had no courage, which is a personal attack. But my comment was more of a sarcastic one to begin with.

I really cba, this isn't important to me whatsoever and I couldn't care less. I was just calling someone out who was being rude to another use, k, gonna go eat some food cause I am not me when I am hungry
Original post by gjd800
He's me dad

You sleep with your dad?
I really cba, this isn't important to me whatsoever and I couldn't care less. I was just calling someone out who was being rude to another use, k, gonna go eat some food cause I am not me when I am hungry

Snickers, nice.
Original post by AnonymousNoMore
Snickers, nice.

the one and only 😍
I can relate here. Ever since I heard I have not been able to think straight it feels like someone has ripped open my heart and torn it into a million and one pieces and to some that may sound dramatic but I am trying to describe exactly how I feel.

I did not know her personally of anything but the fact that she felt her life was not worth living and saw ending her life as the only way out breaks my heart and is so upsetting. As a human, to just think that another individual would have been hurting so much inside to feel like life was not worth living anymore. It's extremely upsetting.
I wish I was someone who could have reached out to her, someone whom she could have spoken to, hopefully talking to someone would have prevented her death :frown:

So to answer your question, yes I do feel so devastated after she has passed away. I feel you don't necessarily have to be related to someone to feel something so deeply. Because human is enough enough to understand that someone else's suffering and pain is also your suffering and pain.

My thoughts are honestly with her family and friends :frown:
Original post by ageshallnot
I've missed the evidence for her throwing the lamp. Have you got a source for that?

It was in the statement from her family ( an Instagram post she wrote before she died) and Lewis isn’t disputing it and they were the only two people that were there so there’s your source
In denial I see. You can pretend all you want, but the reality will always beg to differ.

But keep on being a heartless scum bag, "lol".
Is Caroline’s sudden passing having any affect on anyone else because it’s really making me upset. I know it’s stupid, I didn’t know her and her friends and family must be in pieces but I’ve been crying every night since the news, is anyone else feeling the same? I just keep thinking what right have I got to be upset but it’s just so sad as this all could have been prevented.

No, if anything it's pissing me off.
Reply 50
In denial I see. You can pretend all you want, but the reality will always beg to differ.

Eh you replied to this, but not to me?!
(edited 4 years ago)
It's not affecting me, but there have been deaths of tv presenters, musicians, actors and other people in 'public life' whose death has upset or affected many people not known to them. Look at any programme about Princess Diana and the outpouring of grief after her death in a car crash, for example, or interviews after Michael Jackson died. Someone I know was very upset when David Bowie died.
It was in the statement from her family ( an Instagram post she wrote before she died) and Lewis isn’t disputing it and they were the only two people that were there so there’s your source

No it's not. The statement said it was an accident but made no mention of throwing the lamp.
Original post by WoodlandSorcerer
I mean, it’s sad and I was very shocked when I first heard about it because she’s just not the kind of person who I thought would top herself. I didn’t really watch her but I do remember the few times I did happen to see her on TV she seemed super sweet and pleasant. So it was a big shock for sure, but other than that it hasn’t majorly affected me. I’ve given more thought to the immense pain she must have been in and how she was mocked and degraded mercilessly. The British media really is among the worst in the world when it comes to relentlessly hounding people.

Serves as a reminder that anyone can commit suicide if enough things pile up against them; some are simply more vulnerable than others. Apart from the people I told, nobody in my personal life would guess that I have suffered from suicidal thoughts at any point.

It's not heartless to say that crying every night over a stranger isn't normal. The vast majority of the population would agree on that.
Original post by barnetlad
It's not affecting me, but there have been deaths of tv presenters, musicians, actors and other people in 'public life' whose death has upset or affected many people not known to them. Look at any programme about Princess Diana and the outpouring of grief after her death in a car crash, for example, or interviews after Michael Jackson died. Someone I know was very upset when David Bowie died.

My mum was upset when David Bowie died, however she didn't cry every night about it, and my mum is an emotional person. That kind of tells you that what OP is experiencing is definitely not normal. They are either suffering from depression as someone else pointed out or they are addicted to escapism for one or more of the many reasons that can happen and have formed delusional personal emotional ties to people on TV that are not mutual.

On which topic, if this continues, I encourage OP to seek professional help, especially if you have other issues in your life.
You sleep with your dad?

Judging by this, you must be no older than 14 years old.
Original post by Cryoraptor
It's not heartless to say that crying every night over a stranger isn't normal. The vast majority of the population would agree on that.

How do you know what the "vast majority" think? Exactly you don't, you're just talking out of your ass.
Original post by Cryoraptor
Judging by this, you must be no older than 14 years old.

Judging by your incredibly lame response, you must be no older than 5.
How do you know what the "vast majority" think? Exactly you don't, you're just talking out of your ass.

How do YOU know? I'm very confident that if the average person was asked, they would say no, it's not normal, because it isn't normal to be so f**king heartbroken over someone who was a total stranger. If OP isn't suffering mental health issues, they need a big reality check.

Quick Reply

Latest