The Student Room Group

How does SFE prove marital status?

Hi,

Had a question about how SFE proves marital status.

My mother is married to my step-father, but they live separately and are financially individual.

My mother has a single-occupancy tax bill to show we live alone.

SFE requires we list marital partners, but what would happen if we didn't? How do they prove this sort of thing? This question is obviously dubious, but we're in dire straits, so I'm exploring all avenues.

Many thanks.
They asked me for my marriage certificate when I was applying.
Reply 2
Original post by stepheds
They asked me for my marriage certificate when I was applying.

To prove you're married? I'm talking about not mentioning the fact you're married, despite the fact you are.
Original post by loopin
To prove you're married? I'm talking about not mentioning the fact you're married, despite the fact you are.

Attachment not found

Hope this clears things up for you. Household income is assessed on them living together.81CFE525-886F-43FD-B63A-6D7E177A8700.jpeg
Reply 4
Attachment not found

Hope this clears things up for you. Household income is assessed on them living together.81CFE525-886F-43FD-B63A-6D7E177A8700.jpeg

Hi thanks,

SFE says it wants me to include my step-parents because they're married, even though they don't live together...?

I'm getting mixed answers from within and outside of SFE. I would just like to know what would happen if I do not list my step-parent even though he's married to my mother.
Original post by loopin
Hi thanks,

SFE says it wants me to include my step-parents because they're married, even though they don't live together...?

I'm getting mixed answers from within and outside of SFE. I would just like to know what would happen if I do not list my step-parent even though he's married to my mother.

The screenshot I sent you is from the Gov.UK website.
Reply 6
The screenshot I sent you is from the Gov.UK website.

I know, thanks. I appreciate your response, but that's not the question I'm asking.

SFE has stated they want my step-parent listed even though they live separately... My question is What happens if I don't?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending