The Student Room Group

History Coursework Gone Wrong

I got 27/40 on my coursework (before them being sent off to be checked by AQA) - which is quite a disaster for me as I did not think I did that badly. What should I do going forward to get an A/A*? Gap year was already a possibility - just retake the coursework? I already do the hardest combination (AQA DC - Stuarts and Reformation) so an A* is like 80% - am I done for?
Original post by SanPelOasis
I got 27/40 on my coursework (before them being sent off to be checked by AQA) - which is quite a disaster for me as I did not think I did that badly. What should I do going forward to get an A/A*? Gap year was already a possibility - just retake the coursework? I already do the hardest combination (AQA DC - Stuarts and Reformation) so an A* is like 80% - am I done for?

Coursework is under your control.

Youd have to look at the grade boundaries to see how you did.

Might not be that bad as coursework is only 20% usually, so the amount you fell below the needed grade and therefore the amount you need to make up will only require an increase in your average exam grade of 25% of that gap. I dont believe you can just retake the coursework.

I am not sure why you think Stuarts and Reformation is the hardest.

Just focus on doing the best you can and leaving everything in the exam.
My teacher said that as long as you get more than half it can only add to your final grade. You got around 67% which I think is borderline B/A which will add to your grade positively.
(see my recent post) Are the coursework grade boundaries accurate or do most people do better in the real exam to lift their grades up (as can be seen with the low exam grade boundaries)?
Reply 4
Original post by 999tigger
Coursework is under your control.

Youd have to look at the grade boundaries to see how you did.

Might not be that bad as coursework is only 20% usually, so the amount you fell below the needed grade and therefore the amount you need to make up will only require an increase in your average exam grade of 25% of that gap. I dont believe you can just retake the coursework.

I am not sure why you think Stuarts and Reformation is the hardest.

Just focus on doing the best you can and leaving everything in the exam.

Hardest because it has the highest grade boundaries. Sorry I wrote this less than an hour after receiving my grade
Reply 5
Original post by Jadeleah2
My teacher said that as long as you get more than half it can only add to your final grade. You got around 67% which I think is borderline B/A which will add to your grade positively.

I hope so
Reply 6
Original post by BEASTMODEON
(see my recent post) Are the coursework grade boundaries accurate or do most people do better in the real exam to lift their grades up (as can be seen with the low exam grade boundaries)?

No one I know looked at the grade boundaries for the coursework
Original post by SanPelOasis
Hardest because it has the highest grade boundaries. Sorry I wrote this less than an hour after receiving my grade

That isnt a good test in fact more likely the opposite as it means students were able to score higher.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending