The Student Room Group

Think I made a mistake

I firmed my offers for Nottingham Trent Uni for History and Film and TV, and put Chichester Uni for Creative Writing and History as my insurance but now I think I might have made a mistake. I went to Nottingham and liked it and it is much closer to where I live but I was just looking at some stuff for Chichester and I think I might have made a mistake. My offer for Nottingham is higher than Chichester so I could get in and basically I'm wondering if anyone has had any experience at the unis? I kinda know how to change them but I really want to make the right decision this time.
Reply 1
what's the mistake?
Reply 2
I'm not sure if Nottingham trent is good for history and think Chichester (or Worcester, which was my original first choice) would be better
Only you can answer that, you’re obviously gonna have doubts whether you made the right choice or not because it’s a big commitment.

Just weigh the pros and cons of both unis and decide which suits you better but keep in mind it’ll be a pain in the arse to change them now you’ve made notts a firm choice
Have you received decisions from all your applications and have you picked your Firm and Insurance through UCAS?
Reply 5
Original post by Admit-One
Have you received decisions from all your applications and have you picked your Firm and Insurance through UCAS?

Yes, but only on Monday so if its within a fortnight is it easier to change?
Original post by beth1208
Yes, but only on Monday so if its within a fortnight is it easier to change?

If it’s within 14 days you can amend your choices, just give UCAS a call tomorrow if you don’t have the option in Track.
Original post by beth1208
I firmed my offers for Nottingham Trent Uni for History and Film and TV, and put Chichester Uni for Creative Writing and History as my insurance but now I think I might have made a mistake. I went to Nottingham and liked it and it is much closer to where I live but I was just looking at some stuff for Chichester and I think I might have made a mistake. My offer for Nottingham is higher than Chichester so I could get in and basically I'm wondering if anyone has had any experience at the unis? I kinda know how to change them but I really want to make the right decision this time.

Hi Beth,

It's okay to have doubts! Do a pro/con list for both universities, take a look virtual tours, photos, compare both courses, where you'd prefer to live and reflect on the open days you've been too to help you make the decision. If there is anything we can help you with to make this decision easier, please feel free to get in touch with us or ask us any questions.

You are more than welcome to come to our Applicant Day on Saturday 7 March to experience what it would be like to be a Chichester student, experience taster sessions and be with student ambassadors all day. For more information on this, visit: https://www.chi.ac.uk/search/course-search/open-days-visits/applicant-days-2020

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending