The Student Room Group

Girls who never reply on tinder, why?

I’m finding online dating really hard as I get matches but I never get any replies and I’m curious to why
I find a lot of girls are on sites like tinder more for a confidence boost as appose to actually looking for someone. Don't let this put you off though. In my opinion these aren't the kind of girls you want replying to you anyway mate
I always find that I'm the one starting the conversation first on Tinder. Guys can just be as bad not replying. I think it just depends on the person and as the person said above- some it's a confidence boost.
Have you considered that these girls aren’t even real? Also collaborative filtering blocks messages/makes them invisible if the algorithm thinks you are a miss match
Reply 4
1) You're not using good introductions. Saying "Hey how are you" doesn't work. It heavily doesn't work

2) Bio is boring

3) Unflattering photos
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
I never get any replies and I’m curious to why

What do you say to them?
Reply 6
Original post by xDron3
1) You're not using good introductions. Saying "Hey how are you" doesn't work. It heavily doesn't work

2) Bio is boring

3) Unflattering photos

I actually put a lot of effort into the first message
A lot of them just want to see how many guys they can match with for an ego boost. They're not necessarily at all interested in actually talking to them. Especially if they're already talking to someone hotter.
Reply 8
Original post by awkwardshortguy
A lot of them just want to see how many guys they can match with for an ego boost. They're not necessarily at all interested in actually talking to them. Especially if they're already talking to someone hotter.

Yeah I agree and I also agree to the last part😂 I’m probably just bad looking
Reply 9
I actually put a lot of effort into the first message

You don't want to seem too desperate as well. Something short but original, make it relate to their photo.
Original post by Joel 96
You don't want to seem too desperate as well. Something short but original, make it relate to their photo.

Yeah I try thanks, I would comment on the bio but most girls have the PayPal.me link in the bio and it’s like :frown:
I’m finding online dating really hard as I get matches but I never get any replies and I’m curious to why

Tinder is the epitome of shallow sexual attraction. It does not matter what your bio says or what your opening message is, it is a meat market in which women have instant access to hordes of (relatively speaking compared to the women) desperate men and thus can select the most appealing without much effort. Unless you have a great body, a massive bulge or a very attractive face then you will be beaten by the competition on an arena which does not favour you.

Online dating itself is not a bad thing and POF/Okcupid are not as bad (though the free nature means its still a meat market) however if you really want to increase the number of responses then you either need to go somewhere with a narrower field of women (Fetlife for example) or go somewhere like Match and accept the financial cost where the ratio of women looking to meet somebody to men is not nearly as bad.
I agree with Rakas. I'd only ever suggest tinder if you're looking for shallow one-night stand/hook-up relationships.

Yeah I try thanks, I would comment on the bio but most girls have the PayPal.me link in the bio and it’s like :frown:

What are you looking for, OP?
Original post by Rakas21
Tinder is the epitome of shallow sexual attraction. It does not matter what your bio says or what your opening message is, it is a meat market in which women have instant access to hordes of (relatively speaking compared to the women) desperate men and thus can select the most appealing without much effort. Unless you have a great body, a massive bulge or a very attractive face then you will be beaten by the competition on an arena which does not favour you.

Online dating itself is not a bad thing and POF/Okcupid are not as bad (though the free nature means its still a meat market) however if you really want to increase the number of responses then you either need to go somewhere with a narrower field of women (Fetlife for example) or go somewhere like Match and accept the financial cost where the ratio of women looking to meet somebody to men is not nearly as bad.

Thanks I’ll definitely try that I’ve heard of fetlife but not completely sure what it is I’ll give it a search
Thanks I’ll definitely try that I’ve heard of fetlife but not completely sure what it is I’ll give it a search

It is a social networking website for those of a more adventurous persuasion. Since it's not a proper dating site as such (no easy search function beyond city or group membership) it has a much higher female to men ratio.

It's pretty easy to get replies and meet people though relative to POF/OkCupid.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending