The Student Room Group

Is it wrong to go on a walk with a male friend if you already have a boyfriend?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I have friends of the opposite sex I met for coffee and lunch (prior to corona rules) you’re not married! You’re allowed to enjoy time with your friends as long as he trusts you

But you're not if you're married?
Original post by Coolfred
But you're not if you're married?

I think if you’re married the level of commitment demands much more. Of course you still could but your partner would have more rights to be notified in advance of meeting up with a friend of the opposite sex for lovely walks together.
Original post by Anonymous
I think if you’re married the level of commitment demands much more. Of course you still could but your partner would have more rights to be notified in advance of meeting up with a friend of the opposite sex for lovely walks together.

I guess that makes sense. Although I don't think being married necessarily means commitment increases, I think it should already have increased before getting married. Like, commitment doesn't just magically increase over night because you're now legally in a marriage. That commitment should already have been in the relationship. But that commitment doesn't mean you can't have friends of the opposite sex. If it did though, marriage would be a nightmare for me!
Original post by pancakesbob7
We are sixth form students, and the male friend is a childhood friend, and he's like a brother to me. I just don't want my boyfriend to be upset/jealous.

No it’s not bad and I am sure your boyfriend probably does the same thing with his friends who are girls

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending