The Student Room Group

The Tesco thread.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 452231
Don't know if anyone can help (I hope they can!), but when clocking out tonight I didn't hear it beep the first swipe but it did the second. My concern is that is did beep the first time (I have hearing loss, and it was particularly loud as there was loads of people about & didn't catch as to if the machine said it had been accepted first time!), and I've infact clocked out then bsck in argh! Who should I see about this? (My actual manager isn't in), thanks!

I'd inform your personnel manager, department manager or the wages person as they can note down your shift! It should be fine though, when I lost my clock in card I still got paid for my shifts by telling personnel 😊
Just had my interview for part time work on the checkouts! It went really well, so fingers crossed!
I had an interview 10 days ago still waiting to hear, she did say if I didn't hear anything within 10 days then it doesn't mean I haven't got the job, hope they ring soon :s-smilie:
I keep getting rejected by tesco ffs. Is it my CV or the online questionnaire? my CV looks pretty solid and I think i keep getting rejected because of this stupid online questionnaire.
Original post by Trissle
I keep getting rejected by tesco ffs. Is it my CV or the online questionnaire? my CV looks pretty solid and I think i keep getting rejected because of this stupid online questionnaire.

What does the status of your application say in the online Tesco Careers Centre? Does it still say "In Process"?

I had an interview 7 days ago, and I haven't heard anything back. The closing date for the job was today. So if I don't get a phone call early next week, then I reckon I haven't got it. :frown:
Original post by GeordieFan
Interview in the next couple of days at an Express store, what should i expect?
Being an express store im guessing there won't be a group interview etc?

It's usually one to one, but it could be a groupie.

Then after the interview, you usually spend 10 minutes or so on the shop floor being shown what kind of work you will be doing.

Then they will basically phone you if you're successful within 2 weeks.
Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel
What does the status of your application say in the online Tesco Careers Centre? Does it still say "In Process"?

I had an interview 7 days ago, and I haven't heard anything back. The closing date for the job was today. So if I don't get a phone call early next week, then I reckon I haven't got it. :frown:

I had an interview 10 days ago & the job closed 2 days afterwards, I've heard they are quite quick to get back to you if your not successful. Good luck!
Original post by hayley88
I had an interview 10 days ago & the job closed 2 days afterwards, I've heard they are quite quick to get back to you if your not successful. Good luck!

I doubt Tesco waste their money by phoning unsuccessful candidates tbh. If you aren't successful then you just wont get a phone call. Successful applicants are the only ones contacted.
unsuccessful, they emailed be as well saying that my application was declined. I've applied to like 5 different tesco jobs and all were unsuccessful. How was your interview? what were the questions asked?

I doubt Tesco waste their money by phoning unsuccessful candidates tbh. If you aren't successful then you just wont get a phone call. Successful applicants are the only ones contacted.

no they don't ring if your unsuccessful they email apparently or just change your application from in process to unsuccessful.
Just one more question. My uniform has been ordered, but the smallest trousers was 32 waist, 30 length... I'm 5'3 and a 28/30 (Although, my actual waist is 27) normally. If it doesn't fit very well, can I just wear my black trousers that fit, do you think? I'll ask anyway, but I couldn't see it being a problem if I have the Tesco shirt on; or are the navy trousers are a key part to the uniform?

Thank you!
Had my interview at a local Tesco Express the other day and got a phone call today to say that i've got the job.
Interview was really relaxed and just asked me simple questions that I could relate to from previous work experience, he then showed me around the store.

Really easy interview, just gotta wait for the induction now.
Original post by Trissle

I'm in the same boat. I've applied 3 times now. Each time I've received an automated email telling me that my application is unsuccessful . I think it's probably me answering the questionnaire badly, but I've changed my answers each time, and I'm still being turned down.
Had my interview at a local Tesco Express the other day and got a phone call today to say that i've got the job.
Interview was really relaxed and just asked me simple questions that I could relate to from previous work experience, he then showed me around the store.

Wow that's quick your right to work must have come back fast. Congrats on the new job :smile:
for those who successfully got a job at tesco, do you mind posting your online questionnaire answers here please. It would really be helpful, thanks.

Congratulations :smile:
>mrw I changed my answers to the survey, but have been turned down again
Reply 1557
I applied for one job, got rejected before interview, applied for a job at a different store and got an interview without changing my survey, I have no idea what they want.

Posted from TSR Mobile
they don't even bother sending an 'unsuccessful' email to me. they never reply.
Original post by chickenfoot
they don't even bother sending an 'unsuccessful' email to me. they never reply.

How long has it been? It might mean that they are considering you.
I seem to get an email 2 days after whenever I apply ( I've applied to jobs in 4 batches now - my email inbox is spammed with "Thank you for applying..." and "You're application for...".

The fact that it is always 2 days after makes me think that it's automated.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending