The Student Room Group

I don't know if I'm bisexual or gay?

I'm a 17 year old guy and openly gay. I obviously find guys very attractive both romantically and sexually and have never had an interest in girls. However, there are a VERY SELECT FEW of girls (this is what's making me question it) who I find incredibly attractive and would have a relationship with, but they don't really turn me on sexually (they don't repulse me at all either).
Help
Reply 1
Sounds like bi. Try both and see what happens, don't rush it'll happen naturally bro 🤜
Maybe you’re homoflexible? This is when you have more of a preference for the same sex, but you still like a few people from the opposite sex- so I guess it’s kinda bi, but you just have more of a preference for the same sex xx
The term for what you've described is biromantic homosexual.
Original post by anonymous11123xo
I'm a 17 year old guy and openly gay. I obviously find guys very attractive both romantically and sexually and have never had an interest in girls. However, there are a VERY SELECT FEW of girls (this is what's making me question it) who I find incredibly attractive and would have a relationship with, but they don't really turn me on sexually (they don't repulse me at all either).
Help

I’m exactly the same but reversed, so I was born gay and been with girls mostly but some boys are amazing and I’m not willing to cut them out of my life’s journey because of their gender but believe me this has not gone down well in the gay scene. It’s easy to be gay and it’s easy to be a lesbian but to be anything else you’re a minority within the minority and it’s difficult to be honest

I can also add for the sake of research that I have personally had gay boyfriends and been with gay men sexually, in fact they’ve been far more enjoyable than any experience I’ve had with straight men,but me aside my point is, I know for a fact that gay men fancy girls sometimes it’s just a big stigma to admit it within the scene or the community. I want this to change
It took a long time and I’m still not accepted after being gay for basically my entire life but I now identify as pansexual or non-labelled 🌈
I'm a bi girl and I would be the same tilting more towards girls tho it's still bi even if u like the same gender more hope this was helpful
Original post by Browneyedgirln19
I’m exactly the same but reversed, so I was born gay and been with girls mostly but some boys are amazing and I’m not willing to cut them out of my life’s journey because of their gender but believe me this has not gone down well in the gay scene. It’s easy to be gay and it’s easy to be a lesbian but to be anything else you’re a minority within the minority and it’s difficult to be honest

I can also add for the sake of research that I have personally had gay boyfriends and been with gay men sexually, in fact they’ve been far more enjoyable than any experience I’ve had with straight men,but me aside my point is, I know for a fact that gay men fancy girls sometimes it’s just a big stigma to admit it within the scene or the community. I want this to change
It took a long time and I’m still not accepted after being gay for basically my entire life but I now identify as pansexual or non-labelled 🌈

I find it really sad that a community that's meant to be welcoming of minorities has such adversity to people who don't conform to the clear-cut boundaries of gay and lesbian.

I also feel that people who identify as bi are often looked down upon, shunned and made to feel unwelcome by the LGBTQ+++++ community if they're in a relationship with someone of the opposite gender.

Like you, I want these things to change too.
Original post by Appirition
I find it really sad that a community that's meant to be welcoming of minorities has such adversity to people who don't conform to the clear-cut boundaries of gay and lesbian.

I also feel that people who identify as bi are often looked down upon, shunned and made to feel unwelcome by the LGBTQ+++++ community if they're in a relationship with someone of the opposite gender.

Like you, I want these things to change too.

This is very true
lately I’ve been drawn towards the term queer which is fascinating as for years I’ve been uncomfortable with it being added to the lgbt given it being used as a derogatory term for so long. But lately I feel an acceptance and freedom from it. It may also be as the word sexual is in bisexual and pansexual which I believe adds to the stigma that those sexualities are either confused or overly sexual. I still don’t know if I’d say in a face to face conversation that ‘I’m queer’ and I do miss saying that I’m gay. I still say I’m gay and it feels fine and comfortable. I just don’t always say it now because I do like guys which I won’t feel bad for but I also don’t want to be dishonest or judged. There’s far too much stress involved. It’s just a gender. Lust is lust and love is love 🏳️*🌈
Reply 8
is there any research on homosexuality? its an interesting topic as ive heard its both genetic and environmental
This is very true
lately I’ve been drawn towards the term queer which is fascinating as for years I’ve been uncomfortable with it being added to the lgbt given it being used as a derogatory term for so long. But lately I feel an acceptance and freedom from it. It may also be as the word sexual is in bisexual and pansexual which I believe adds to the stigma that those sexualities are either confused or overly sexual. I still don’t know if I’d say in a face to face conversation that ‘I’m queer’ and I do miss saying that I’m gay. I still say I’m gay and it feels fine and comfortable. I just don’t always say it now because I do like guys which I won’t feel bad for but I also don’t want to be dishonest or judged. There’s far too much stress involved. It’s just a gender. Lust is lust and love is love 🏳️*🌈

There's been quite a significant change over the past few years in how, when, and why people use the word queer. It's kind of as if the LGBT+ community has taken back that word, and in doing so, have prevented its use in a derogatory way in many cases. You being drawn to using it and feeling positive about using it is just one little part of the change.
"There’s far too much stress involved." Yes there is, and it stems from people feeling that they, and everyone else, has to fit within the defines of a label.
People like who they like, and everyone likes people and finds people attractive for different reasons.
Original post by Appirition
There's been quite a significant change over the past few years in how, when, and why people use the word queer. It's kind of as if the LGBT+ community has taken back that word, and in doing so, have prevented its use in a derogatory way in many cases. You being drawn to using it and feeling positive about using it is just one little part of the change.
"There’s far too much stress involved." Yes there is, and it stems from people feeling that they, and everyone else, has to fit within the defines of a label.
People like who they like, and everyone likes people and finds people attractive for different reasons.

Great response x
Great response x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending