The Student Room Group

UofB accommodation

Advice on accommodation
At uni of Birmingham please
Hi Dear,

There are a number of student accommodation providers in the UK. Choose the provider who will provide you the best student accommodation Birmingham. The room will be in your budget or all bills will be included. Choose accommodation near to your university so you will save money from travelling. You can browse Best Student Halls websites to find budget-friendly and verified places to stay in UK's. A large variety of room types, including student halls, shared and en suite rooms and apartments are available at 100% free service charge. They also provide the offer on booking the accommodation check on the website. You will get more Idea about it.

Otherwise, you can contact them, they will guide you to choose the best student accommodation in Birmingham.

Hope you find your accommodation.

Thanks
Reply 2
Hey,
What exactly are you looking for in accommodation?? Value/big rooms/catered/ensuite?
I stayed in Chamberlain this year and really liked it. I would recommend the Vale because its a really lovely area, the closest you'll get to Broad Street (main clubbing area) if that's important to you, and super social, and it felt really safe. Meal plan was also really good and super convenient because you can spend it anywhere on campus, even Costa and Starbucks!
Let me know what you're looking for and if you have any more questions! :smile:
Original post by lucydm
Hey,
What exactly are you looking for in accommodation?? Value/big rooms/catered/ensuite?
I stayed in Chamberlain this year and really liked it. I would recommend the Vale because its a really lovely area, the closest you'll get to Broad Street (main clubbing area) if that's important to you, and super social, and it felt really safe. Meal plan was also really good and super convenient because you can spend it anywhere on campus, even Costa and Starbucks!
Let me know what you're looking for and if you have any more questions! :smile:

Hey thank you for all your help! I'm looking for uni accommodation and shared bathroom. No meal plan so I can free style with cuisine.
Reply 4
Original post by emegan02
Hey thank you for all your help! I'm looking for uni accommodation and shared bathroom. No meal plan so I can free style with cuisine.

Hey, sorry for the late reply!
You'd be looking for places like tennis courts, maple bank, global community or oakley court. Tennis Courts and Maple Bank are both on the Vale and Oakley Court and the Global Community are in Pritchatts Park which is slightly closer to university. Personally, I would recommend tennis courts because it is the most social, the kitchens are really nice and its on the vale! Maple Bank is ok but I think its a bit older (not so modern, smaller).
Oakley Court however is also really nice and the shared bathrooms are a good size. You'd be sharing the flat with about 11 other people but sharing a bathroom with only 5 or 6. The kitchens are spacious and obviously with the number of people in one flat its also pretty social.
Wouldn't recommend global community, the kitchens are really stripped back (think stainless steel worktops, no cupboards, etc) and rooms are quite old. You have to fit all of your food in a small mini fridge in your room. Instead of cupboards you have a box to put all of your cooking stuff in.
Hope this helps!
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by lucydm
Hey, sorry for the late reply!
You'd be looking for places like tennis courts, maple bank, global community or oakley court. Tennis Courts and Maple Bank are both on the Vale and Oakley Court and the Global Community are in Pritchatts Park which is slightly closer to university. Personally, I would recommend tennis courts because it is the most social, the kitchens are really nice and its on the vale! Maple Bank is ok but I think its a bit older (not so modern, smaller).
Oakley Court however is also really nice and the shared bathrooms are a good size. You'd be sharing the flat with about 11 other people but sharing a bathroom with only 5 or 6. The kitchens are spacious and obviously with the number of people in one flat its also pretty social.
Wouldn't recommend global community, the kitchens are really stripped back (think stainless steel worktops, no cupboards, etc) and rooms are quite old. You have to fit all of your food in a small mini fridge in your room. Instead of cupboards you have a box to put all of your cooking stuff in.
Hope this helps!

Hey, thank you so much for all this information. Just firmed Birmingham so I was trying to figure out what I was going put down for my accommodation preferences. This is so helpful! Where did you stay in first year? X

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending