The Student Room Group

My bf used to talk to many girls before we were committed

Hi
My bf used to talk to many girls saying that he felt lonely that time. This was before we knew each other. We started dating each other. After sometime i got to know about those girls. When i asked him he said that he was not serious and he doesnt consider a part of his life. It was just because he was lonely because he was living away from his parents. And those were some anonymous girls. After soemtime i got to know about one more girl from him only. He himself told me. But i cannot just get over all that. Its been 7months of our relationship. I know it was in the past. But i got to know about another girl. First he got angry because he has just cope up with his illness and is irritated most of the times. And then he said sorry to me and told me that she was also from one of those girls. When i asked him how much time did they talk. He said maybe 2-3 months and said he doesnt remember about it. Neither the girl nor the time. He said i recognised only when you sent me the photograph of her. I dont know if he is lying to me or what. Maybe its just because im overthinking. I dont know what to do. Am i really overthinking? He assured me that he never took me as his gf he always thought of me as wife and said that he loves only me and wont break my trust ever. And kinds of things. Please advice me on this.
I am sure you've heard this so many times but always trust your gut feelings no matter what the situation. You have also got to trust him or the relationship will never work! Also, communication is key and if he can't talk to you about it then he will look to confide in someone else. Chin up. Everything will work out!
Reply 2
Hi, Everybody has a past, some people talk to many others before settling down, some people have only been with one person etc. This is just something you have to accept, as long as he isn't doing anything whilst hes with you then it really doesn't matter what he did before you.

Try not to overthink it or worry about it, concentrate on the relationship you have now and the future.. If he says it wasn't anything and he loves you, then you have to trust him!.. good luck!
Original post by TheNottmLass
I am sure you've heard this so many times but always trust your gut feelings no matter what the situation. You have also got to trust him or the relationship will never work! Also, communication is key and if he can't talk to you about it then he will look to confide in someone else. Chin up. Everything will work out!

He did communicate. He just got angry at first because he was admitted before and is now taking medicines at home. But he is now totally fine but still gets irritated sometimes. So he first got angry and once blamed upon me. Then offcourse im not a person who'll listen but if people close to me get mad at me i start crying. I started crying and then he said that this was all the matter and did tell me everything. And said not to cry he gets hurt. But still i feel like something is missing. Idk maybe im overthinking. But he did communicate.
Original post by Abzzz57
Hi, Everybody has a past, some people talk to many others before settling down, some people have only been with one person etc. This is just something you have to accept, as long as he isn't doing anything whilst hes with you then it really doesn't matter what he did before you.

Try not to overthink it or worry about it, concentrate on the relationship you have now and the future.. If he says it wasn't anything and he loves you, then you have to trust him!.. good luck!

Okay. Thank you so much. Will try not to overthink. Again thanks
Original post by Sehrawat24919
He did communicate. He just got angry at first because he was admitted before and is now taking medicines at home. But he is now totally fine but still gets irritated sometimes. So he first got angry and once blamed upon me. Then offcourse im not a person who'll listen but if people close to me get mad at me i start crying. I started crying and then he said that this was all the matter and did tell me everything. And said not to cry he gets hurt. But still i feel like something is missing. Idk maybe im overthinking. But he

Original post by TheNottmLass

And thankyou so much. I was really worried and overthinking a lot.
I wouldn’t worry about it too much, unless he gives you a solid reason not to trust him id take his word for it. Everyone has a past and as long as it’s in the pasr and he hasn’t made you believe otherwise I think you’re good
Original post by Anonymous
I wouldn’t worry about it too much, unless he gives you a solid reason not to trust him id take his word for it. Everyone has a past and as long as it’s in the pasr and he hasn’t made you believe otherwise I think you’re good

Okay thanks
Reply 8
Original post by Sehrawat24919
Hi
My bf used to talk to many girls saying that he felt lonely that time. This was before we knew each other. We started dating each other. After sometime i got to know about those girls. When i asked him he said that he was not serious and he doesnt consider a part of his life. It was just because he was lonely because he was living away from his parents. And those were some anonymous girls. After soemtime i got to know about one more girl from him only. He himself told me. But i cannot just get over all that. Its been 7months of our relationship. I know it was in the past. But i got to know about another girl. First he got angry because he has just cope up with his illness and is irritated most of the times. And then he said sorry to me and told me that she was also from one of those girls. When i asked him how much time did they talk. He said maybe 2-3 months and said he doesnt remember about it. Neither the girl nor the time. He said i recognised only when you sent me the photograph of her. I dont know if he is lying to me or what. Maybe its just because im overthinking. I dont know what to do. Am i really overthinking? He assured me that he never took me as his gf he always thought of me as wife and said that he loves only me and wont break my trust ever. And kinds of things. Please advice me on this.

You would have a past as well. You wouldn't want it held against you 7 months on i auppose woukd you. And what can he do about it anymore?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending