The Student Room Group

Student Finance Dependent Evidence

So I’ve sent my application for student finance, and it’s going through the process right now. I just received a letter that says that my mum would need to send evidence of how my siblings are dependent on my mum over the age of 18. I have two other siblings who are both not in full time education. My sister is going back to college this year and my brother has finished university the previous year. In the letter it doesn’t state what type of evidence?

What type of evidence do I need to send?

My brother is a career for my mum and he gets universal credit, Where as my sister is working full time until she starts studying again.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by 00Nisha
So I’ve sent my application for student finance, and it’s going through the process right now. I just received a letter that says that my mum would need to send evidence of how my siblings are dependent on my mum over the age of 18. I have two other siblings who are both not in full time education. My sister is going back to college this year and my brother has finished university the previous year. In the letter it doesn’t state what type of evidence?

What type of evidence do I need to send?

My brother is a career for my mum and he gets universal credit, Where as my sister is working full time until she starts studying again.

Hi, you don’t need to send evidence.

Basically, your mum added some dependents on her supporting application form so SFE have removed these until your mum can provide evidence. If she doesn’t provide evidence then nothing happens and your application isn’t affected.

If your mum wants to add those dependents then evidence could be for example : proof showing your mum pays for bills/food for the 18+ year olds, bank statements to prove money transfers. If the 18+ year olds are working then they are not classed as being dependent on your mum.

If your household income is high but there are adults who are dependent on your mum then this can be taken into consideration to possibly increase your funds.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending