The Student Room Group

Is love blind?

Do you think you could fall in love someone without seeing what they look like? Or do you also need to be physically attracted to them to fall in love?

Edit: Yeah it was the show "Love is Blind" on Netflix that left me questioning these things :h: I found the premise intriguing and wondered what others thought
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

No. I wouldn't date someone I didn't find physically attractive.
Original post by jaz_x001
Do you think you could fall in love someone without seeing what they look like?
No, or straight people would be falling in love with members of their own sex all the time.
No but my dad is
theres a lot of stories of it online. people saying i've been writing to someone online for years and i've fallen in love with them haha so i guess it can happen
Original post by awkwardshortguy
No, or straight people would be falling in love with members of their own sex all the time.

good point :giggle: Hypothetically, what if you could hear the person and talk to them but not see them? Do you think you could love them purely for their personality?
Original post by Precious Illusions
No. I wouldn't date someone I didn't find physically attractive.

Fair enough. Initial attraction is important, but I would say personality can make someone attractive that I might not have considered especially attractive when I first saw them
Original post by Arthur_Morgan
No but my dad is

lollll very funny :h: Just in case your serious I'm sorry for laughing I swear i don't normally laugh at blindness lol
lollll very funny :h: Just in case your serious I'm sorry for laughing I swear i don't normally laugh at blindness lol

I'm never serious except when I am which is never :yes::nah:
Hypothetically, what if you could hear the person and talk to them but not see them? Do you think you could love them purely for their personality?
If I loved them partly because of the sound of their voice, then I wouldn't be loving them purely for their personality.
I'm never serious except when I am which is never :yes::nah:

Good to know :^_^: Sound like my kinda person lol
Good to know :^_^: Sound like my kinda person lol

Oh I wouldn't be sure about that, I'm kind of annoying.

In fact, I annoy myself to death half the time.
Original post by awkwardshortguy
If I loved them partly because of the sound of their voice, then I wouldn't be loving them purely for their personality.

Ah damn you got me. I guess some voices can be sexier than others lol. What's your opinion on online relationships?
Oh I wouldn't be sure about that, I'm kind of annoying.

In fact, I annoy myself to death half the time.

Ha join the club. Pretty sure my families going to murder me during this lockdown because of it. But hey it's also why they love me :h:
Sometimes love is blind.
Reckless and idiotic too.

I'm personality attracted but don't think I could love someone without seeing them, meeting face to face and having some direct physical contact.
Of course, this doesn't apply to everyone.
Blind people that can't see at all do fall in love.
Same with those very odd secondlife gamer couples and the insane people who lend large sums of money & accept marriage proposals from online scam artists without seeing their photo/face or even having a voice conversation first. :facepalm:
Ha join the club. Pretty sure my families going to murder me during this lockdown because of it. But hey it's also why they love me :h:

Can't say the same for my sister, pretty sure she hates me for annoying her all the time :lol:
Original post by londonmyst
Sometimes love is blind.
Reckless and idiotic too.

I'm personality attracted but don't think I could love someone without seeing them, meeting face to face and having some direct physical contact.
Of course, this doesn't apply to everyone.
Blind people that can't see at all do fall in love.
Same with those very odd secondlife gamer couples and the insane people who lend large sums of money & accept marriage proposals from online scam artists without seeing their photo/face or even having a voice conversation first. :facepalm:

Yeah I can second that love can be idiotic :h: You made some good points so thanks
Can't say the same for my sister, pretty sure she hates me for annoying her all the time :lol:

They do say hate and love are very linked :giggle: She might sometimes even enjoy the annoyingness. Would like to think my brother finds mine endearing
They do say hate and love are very linked :giggle: She might sometimes even enjoy the annoyingness. Would like to think my brother finds mine endearing

So what you're saying is, the subatomic particles that form in an atom are exponentially greater than the gift of nuclear collision therefore alluding to my time as an undercover spy? I think you've just changed my whole perception on reality...
I could probably come to love their character, but there would be nothing in it romantically.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending