The Student Room Group

Help with which uni to choose

I am so stuck between Kings and Surrey to study Dietetics from 2020. They are like chalk and cheese, yet both will have incredible teaching and facilities. Is Surrey that much cheaper than London prices? I hear it’s pricey. Is Surrey boring? I should add I am not much of a clubber - that aspect doesn’t interest me.
Is King’s completely pompous? Is it expensive after moving out of halls? Why is student satisfaction not as high?
Am I missing out on something if I choose either one?
Many questions. I’d be so happy to receive some help on at least one. Thank you.
Original post by JR0225
I am so stuck between Kings and Surrey to study Dietetics from 2020. They are like chalk and cheese, yet both will have incredible teaching and facilities. Is Surrey that much cheaper than London prices? I hear it’s pricey. Is Surrey boring? I should add I am not much of a clubber - that aspect doesn’t interest me.
Is King’s completely pompous? Is it expensive after moving out of halls? Why is student satisfaction not as high?
Am I missing out on something if I choose either one?
Many questions. I’d be so happy to receive some help on at least one. Thank you.

Hi there :smile:
Popped your thread into the :tsr2: forum for healthcare related University Courses.
Check out forums for king's college london and university of surrey too :borat:
@University of Surrey may be able to help answer your questions too!
Have a fab day,
Cheese :bump:
I'm stuck between Nottingham and Surrey! I do have an offer to King's but i really didn't like the feel of the Uni, as you said it felt pompus.

My decision is between living at home (Surrey) or living away (Nottingham) and so stuck on which one to go for!
Original post by sophsiebea
I'm stuck between Nottingham and Surrey! I do have an offer to King's but i really didn't like the feel of the Uni, as you said it felt pompus.

My decision is between living at home (Surrey) or living away (Nottingham) and so stuck on which one to go for!

Hey there,

I know I don't have much knowledge of either of them but I could help you in some way? I know for me at the time, I struggled between a few of the unis and it took me a while for me to choose where I wanted to go.

In what way are you struggling between Nottingham and Surrey? They both offer excellent and challenging courses to help benefit you in the future! Have you been to both of the Unis to get a feel for what you're looking for? Have you spoken to the admissions tutors about the course, class size, style of assessments etc? What do you want from the course? Do you want more exams than coursework, smaller class sizes, closer to the city, easy access to town etc? Have you looked at the support system each Uni provides? What kind of support is available from the lecturers? Are you looking for a placement year? Why did you apply to those unis in the first place, what attracted you to them?

I hope a few of those questions help to make your mind up!

Veronica
Dietetics and Human Nutrition Student

Quick Reply

Latest