Good French Films

Watch this thread
username5045110
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi,
Does anyone have any recommendations of some good French films? I'm doing GCSE French at the minute, so nothing too difficult!
Thanks! x
becausethenight
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
Intouchables, a film about an unlikely friendship between a young Black man from the banlieu and a wealthy, older recently disabled White man is a feelgood modern French classic (warning: the French is quite slangy, but it should be very accessible with subtitles)
If you like that, there’s a nice list of big-hit modern French comedies here: https://french-iceberg.com/french-comedy-movies/ - most recent comedyish films should be fairly comprehensible with subtitles!

Hope that was helpful
stereotypeasian
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I like Amélie
username5045110
Rep:
(Original post by becausethenight)
Intouchables, a film about an unlikely friendship between a young Black man from the banlieu and a wealthy, older recently disabled White man is a feelgood modern French classic (warning: the French is quite slangy, but it should be very accessible with subtitles)
If you like that, there’s a nice list of big-hit modern French comedies here: https://french-iceberg.com/french-comedy-movies/ - most recent comedyish films should be fairly comprehensible with subtitles!

Hope that was helpful
Thanks, I will look at that now.
username5228768
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Les choristes, he loves me he loves me not and beautiful lies
username5045110
Rep:
(Original post by stereotypeasian)
I like Amélie
I've already watched that
Any more suggestions?
Daisy02
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Deux Jours Une Nuit

Oh, and Il a deja tes yeux
Last edited by Daisy02; 1 year ago
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
The English title of it is Private Fears in Public Spaces, its French title is Coeurs. It's quite good.
Toki the Dumdum
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
La Haine's my favourite. Don't know if it's good for study though
Jeparlepas
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I agree that Les Choristes was pretty decent
mqb2766
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Delicatessen
Manon des sources & Jean de Florette
parmezanne
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Toki the Dumdum)
La Haine's my favourite. Don't know if it's good for study though
i'd second that.

la haine is so dramatic - it's about 3 teenagers in the 'ghetto' of paris, where you see a day in their life and all the violence and nothingness that it entails.
Jeparlepas
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Are any of these on YouTube? If so which ones? My parents won't let me have Netflix so YouTube's the best i can do.
Daisy02
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Jeparlepas)
Are any of these on YouTube? If so which ones? My parents won't let me have Netflix so YouTube's the best i can do.
Le Mepris is on YouTube - that's one from the Sixties if you wanna watch a film by the god himself, Jean-Luc Godard.
I'm pretty sure you can also find Amelie on YouTube.
redmeercat
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I love La Famille Belier I think it's on youtube, too.
username5300632
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Les diner des cons. Really funny.

They tried to do an American re-make but sh*t flopped and was nowhere as good as the French version.
username5045110
Rep:
I agree that Les Choristes was pretty decent
Yes it was
username5045110
Rep:
Les Choristes is on YouTube, I strongly recommend it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (148)
40.88%
The paper was reasonable (165)
45.58%
Not feeling great about that exam... (32)
8.84%
It was TERRIBLE (17)
4.7%

Watched Threads