The Student Room Group

Question- Can you get student accomodation if you live somewhat close to the uni?

Hi guys,
I'm expecting to go to university in september 2021 and right now I'm weighing up my choices. I live in north-west kent, and my top 3 choices are all in central London. I would like to live on campus because I don't want to have to sell my soul to the train network, and I also want the experience of living independently. My mother is under the impression that universities won't let you live on campus if you come from somewhere relatively close, but I can find no evidence of this online. Is this true? Thanks.
Reply 1
Original post by JessH653
Hi guys,
I'm expecting to go to university in september 2021 and right now I'm weighing up my choices. I live in north-west kent, and my top 3 choices are all in central London. I would like to live on campus because I don't want to have to sell my soul to the train network, and I also want the experience of living independently. My mother is under the impression that universities won't let you live on campus if you come from somewhere relatively close, but I can find no evidence of this online. Is this true? Thanks.

I’m not sure but you could email the unis asking them
Original post by JessH653
Hi guys,

Hey @JessH653!

I think you should still be able to live closer to the uni!
I had a friend who went to uni in London and lived in south London and they still got a place in halls :smile:

Maybe email the unis to check!

Hope this helps
Eloise - official student rep :smile:
You’d need to check that the central London universities have accommodation nearby. Not sure any of them are campus’s (qmul is but you said central)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending