The Student Room Group

Why do guys block and unblock

He blocked 2 days later unblocks no msg

Scroll to see replies

because, like the women that block and unblock, they are either trying to prevent you from communicating with them or they are too childish to realise that the blocking feature is not merely a petty display of power over another person
Original post by HoldThisL
because, like the women that block and unblock, they are either trying to prevent you from communicating with them or they are too childish to realise that the blocking feature is not merely a petty display of power over another person

We decided to part ways. So why bother blocking just for 2 days. Wished he kept me blocked for good
If there was no arguments or anything then the guy is being a ***** haha
"it was an accident"
"it was a joke"
"I was hacked lol"
Original post by anonwomen
We decided to part ways. So why bother blocking just for 2 days. Wished he kept me blocked for good

that's half of my point

if you stop being friends with someone you don't need to block unless their contact is harmful to you
that's half of my point

if you stop being friends with someone you don't need to block unless their contact is harmful to you

Maybe he did have feelings idk should I ask why he blocked then unblocked
Idk I'm a girl but once I blocked my ex and when I thought I was over him, unblocked and messaged him as I thought we could be friends. Realised that I desperately wanted him to respond and so was not over it. Sent him another message apologising, saying I would be re-blocking, have kept him blocked since and have no intention of unblocking as now I'm truly over it. So I think if someone blocks you and then unblocks it's bc they want to get over something, but then the unblocking is the fact that they're not over it and still wanna see your stuff etc? but idk people are complicated.
Maybe he did have feelings idk should I ask why he blocked then unblocked

do you care
Reply 9
He blocked 2 days later unblocks no msg

How do you know he blocked you? perhaps he genuinely doesn't have his phone on?
Original post by Rugbee

Normally when you try to message them you get an automated message saying that you've been blocked.
everyone does it out of anger originally and then they back down and either feel guilty or feel like it's not worth it anymore. :yep:

just leave them if they block you, they're clearly not worth your time!
Original post by Anonymous
Idk I'm a girl but once I blocked my ex and when I thought I was over him, unblocked and messaged him as I thought we could be friends. Realised that I desperately wanted him to respond and so was not over it. Sent him another message apologising, saying I would be re-blocking, have kept him blocked since and have no intention of unblocking as now I'm truly over it. So I think if someone blocks you and then unblocks it's bc they want to get over something, but then the unblocking is the fact that they're not over it and still wanna see your stuff etc? but idk people are complicated.

We speak on messenger not friends on fb so he cant see anything I don't post anything anyways. Idk why he leaving it open as if he wants me to message him. We both ended everything e.g. I loved him he didnt its complicated... why unblock
do you care

Enough
Original post by Rugbee

We speak via facebook so it's clear he did block.
Original post by yzanne
everyone does it out of anger originally and then they back down and either feel guilty or feel like it's not worth it ainymore. :yep:

just leave them if they block you, they're clearly not worth your time!

I agree. However, we ended everything. So he should keep me blocked why unblock in 2 days
I dunno I thought it was something girls did.
I agree. However, we ended everything. So he should keep me blocked why unblock in 2 days

i just told you. out of original anger, then later boredom or guilt. :yep:
I miss the old days where if you were pissed off you had to just hang up on them, and rattle the phone down really hard in the cradle to make it clear :frown:
Reply 17
Original post by Anonymous
Normally when you try to message them you get an automated message saying that you've been blocked.

What are you messaging him on? Whattsapp? i thought the whole premise of blocking someone was built on the other person not actually knowing they've been blocked.
What should i do i
On things like twitter, this is known as "softblocking", as blocking then unblocking someone forces them to unfollow you, but doesn't block them formally (so they won't see someone else retweet a post then see it's not available). That way they don't have to engage with them but doesn't notify them of that. Sometimes people just do it to all their followers to clear out junk/spam accounts, as genuine followers will usually notice and re-follow shortly after.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending