The Student Room Group

Debating weather I should get implants.

Ok so I’m 17 years old and nowhere near old enough to get breast implants. I still have five more years. And basically I’m really skinny and I’m a 28B and I have felt pretty confident over my breast size because when I look at all of my friends they’re all A cups or double a’s I mean that’s what they say all of the time when we have girl talk. And I’m not flat chested at all because whenever I wear a t shirt to bed or a cute top without a bra people could actually tell and whenever I go bra less and wear a t shirt and walk around the house they also bounce up and down too. So it’s not like I’m completely flat chested and have just nipples. But I still wanna get breast implants and bump my size up really big because when I see all of these celebrities that got breast implants they look awesome and I really wanna be able to do that but I don’t wanna regret my decision once I get the implants because I’m afraid that they’re not going to feel real. Do any of you girls have breast implants or know someone with breast implants that actually like them?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
No, and I'm also small chested (similar size to you). I'd say you need to do it for yourself, not for others if you choose to. Also weigh up the risks, there is a lot of talk on the internet currently about breast implant illness and how it can wreak havoc on a person. Speak to those you trust. Learn to work on yourself too, self compassion is important.
Reply 2
Original post by Pathway
No, and I'm also small chested (similar size to you). I'd say you need to do it for yourself, not for others if you choose to. Also weigh up the risks, there is a lot of talk on the internet currently about breast implant illness and how it can wreak havoc on a person. Speak to those you trust. Learn to work on yourself too, self compassion is important.

Yeah it is very important thank you for the support and the advice :smile:
Reply 3
Surgery like that is indicative of a self-esteem issue than a physical need, so if you're happy with your body, why do you want implants?

Honestly, most celebs look ridiculous with really big boobs. You can tell they are fake and they get them totally out of proportion to their bodies; a reputable surgeon will not do that and, if you really must, that's the kind of person you should be using. And what comes next, veneers, duck lip filler?

Remember, implants aren't for life and about 20% of women need further surgery due to problems; scars, blood clots, leaks, slipped implants, nerve damage. Imagine you've had your skin really stretched over huge implants, then have to have it done again, ewww. Plus there's the impact on your normal life of the time for recovery from the surgery.

Think long and hard about why you want to spend thousands of pounds on making your body an exaggerated shape. Will it really make you happy having a couple of beachballs on your chest? Or will they be a pain in the back (another side effect)? If you are still that way inclined in a few years, look into not only the right person for the job, but yourself as well.
Original post by Anonymous
Ok so I’m 17 years old and nowhere near old enough to get breast implants. I still have five more years. And basically I’m really skinny and I’m a 28B and I have felt pretty confident over my breast size because when I look at all of my friends they’re all A cups or double a’s I mean that’s what they say all of the time when we have girl talk. And I’m not flat chested at all because whenever I wear a t shirt to bed or a cute top without a bra people could actually tell and whenever I go bra less and wear a t shirt and walk around the house they also bounce up and down too. So it’s not like I’m completely flat chested and have just nipples. But I still wanna get breast implants and bump my size up really big because when I see all of these celebrities that got breast implants they look awesome and I really wanna be able to do that but I don’t wanna regret my decision once I get the implants because I’m afraid that they’re not going to feel real. Do any of you girls have breast implants or know someone with breast implants that actually like them?

Lmao I’m 34E and this alone gives me back and shoulder pain especially when I run. Trust me you don’t want massive boobs.
Reply 5
Coming from someone who has just average sized boobs, you probably dont want implants. Everything is harder to do. Stretching, running, working out, even just doing work at a desk. I would kill to have a flat chest.
Sis ngl to you big boobs are not all it's cracked up to be, sometimes they're a massive inconvenience 🙄 smhhhhhh don't even get me started on running etc.
Original post by LovelyMrFox
Coming from someone who has just average sized boobs, you probably dont want implants. Everything is harder to do. Stretching, running, working out, even just doing work at a desk. I would kill to have a flat chest.

Not to mention it’s so hard finding a blouse where it doesn’t look like your blouse button is about to pop near your breasts! Such an inconvenience.
Original post by Fermion.
Not to mention it’s so hard finding a blouse where it doesn’t look like your blouse button is about to pop near your breasts! Such an inconvenience.

This! Especially when you need to be in formal attire.
Reply 9

Ack exactly. And then when you need to find a nice dress shirt on short notice? Impossible.
Never related so hard on a thread b4 😭😭😭
Why r u debating with the weather?

I don’t have a flat chest It’s not like I’m an A or an AA I have boobs but I just don’t think they’re big enough. But what I meant to say is that I wan’t averaged sized boobs my ideal size is like a C or a D cup. Nothing smaller or bigger than that. And if you have averaged sized boobs embrace it girl you’re very lucky :smile:
Reply 13
I don’t have a flat chest It’s not like I’m an A or an AA I have boobs but I just don’t think they’re big enough. But what I meant to say is that I wan’t averaged sized boobs my ideal size is like a C or a D cup. Nothing smaller or bigger than that. And if you have averaged sized boobs embrace it girl you’re very lucky :smile:

Well go for it if you want it! You do you :biggrin:
Meh, Id rather have a flat chest. It would make working out a lot easier :lol:
Reply 14

Actually, this made me think of Barbara Windsor and the exercise class in 'Carry on Camping' :colondollar:
Well go for it if you want it! You do you :biggrin:
Meh, Id rather have a flat chest. It would make working out a lot easier :lol:

Yeah I guess but having averaged sized boobs doesn’t really make a difference cause I used to have averaged sized boobs and was a D cup and I never had difficulty working out at all. But then it came to the point where I got too skinny and now I’m only a B cup. I just wanna get back to the way I used to be.
The only friend I have with implants is having to spend more having them removed than she did on having them inserted - they have started to leak. Why would you choose to put a foreign substance in your body and risk your health.
If you plan to have kids in the future then implants can make feeding uncomfortable.
As someone at the A end of the scale I am very happy to not have big boobs - I can wear padded underwear if I want a particular look but then at the end of the day I can take that off and be comfortable in my natural form.
Reply 17
Yeah I guess but having averaged sized boobs doesn’t really make a difference cause I used to have averaged sized boobs and was a D cup and I never had difficulty working out at all. But then it came to the point where I got too skinny and now I’m only a B cup. I just wanna get back to the way I used to be.

Eat some more?
I bet you look absolutely gorgeous the way you do :smile:
If you want them, go for it, but dont feel pressured to get them at all.
Eat some more?
I bet you look absolutely gorgeous the way you do :smile:
If you want them, go for it, but dont feel pressured to get them at all.

Thank you for the advice and the support :smile: and now hearing the comments on here about how dangerous they are maybe I shouldn’t get them. I should feel confident in my size.
Reply 19
Thank you for the advice and the support :smile: and now hearing the comments on here about how dangerous they are maybe I shouldn’t get them. I should feel confident in my size.

Totally get them if you want, just make sure your doing it for yourself, not for others.
There are much safer methods; stuffing your bra, wearing a padded bra, etc if you want them to look bigger. Implants are just kind of risky, and its not something you can just try out for a few months and then decide you dont like. Removing them takes a lot of work, and its very painful.
You have 5 years though to think it over! Your really young, so your mind could change within those few years. Get them if you want, but I bet you look great how you already are :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending