The Student Room Group

I am finding it quite challenging consuming 2500 calories pet day

Really its an absolute mission.. I am trying to put on weight and used an app to workout how many calories I need to eat to put on weight and it came back with around 2500.. considering Im getting 1200 from a weight gain supplement I am still struggling. I actually find the weight gainer fills me up as though I had a meal..

I skipped lunch today as the weight gainer filled me up... I still have like 800 calories to eat for today roughly. 629 cals will come from the second half of my gainer.

Don’t know if I can maintain this tbh.. its hard work eating.
(edited 3 years ago)
Why don't you try drinking your calories?
I'll be honest, not yet as I am struggling to establish a routine.. my main goal is build upper body strength
Original post by TigerRoll
Why don't you try drinking your calories?

Well I am getting 1250 cals from a weight gainer which I drink...
Geez i used to eat 2.5k for lunch lol. That maybe why I'm now slightly overweight lol
Reply 4
It isn't that hard, in my opinion. If you snack throughout the day, it's pretty easy to get to 2k+ calories.
Original post by ThuggerThugger
I'll be honest, not yet as I am struggling to establish a routine.. my main goal is build upper body strength

Well I am getting 1250 cals from a weight gainer which I drink...

I mean like juice etc. You know, all the high calorie things people guzzle down without realising how high calorie they are.
Original post by Guru Jason
Geez i used to eat 2.5k for lunch lol. That maybe why I'm now slightly overweight lol

That is utter madness
Eat calorically dense foods like nuts, nut butter, dried fruit, oily food etc etc. Minimize having things that can fill you up like things high in fiber and water volume.
Original post by ThuggerThugger
Really its an absolute mission.. I am trying to put on weight and used an app to workout how many calories I need to eat to put on weight and it came back with around 2500.. considering Im getting 1200 from a weight gain supplement I am still struggling. I actually find the weight gainer fills me up as though I had a meal..

I skipped lunch today as the weight gainer filled me up... I still have like 800 calories to eat for today roughly. 629 cals will come from the second half of my gainer.

Don’t know if I can maintain this tbh.. its hard work eating.

Do whatever you need to do to become a man.
It's really easy. Just drink liquid calories with a combination of calorie dense foods e.g. peanut butter and oats. If you're getting 1250 calories from the mass gainer which you drink, just have one in the morning as soon as you wake up and one either in the evening or throughout the day.
You should talk to a doctor or a dietitian because I wouldn’t really trust apps. I’m not sure if using a supplement is safe, but I don’t know much about them.

Quick Reply

Latest